Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete " in my file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete " in my file Post 302637937 by brianjb on Wednesday 9th of May 2012 02:19:12 PM
Old 05-09-2012
Code:
sed -e 's/\"//g' filename > newfile

or for inline editing:
Code:
sed -i -e  's/\"//g' filename

This User Gave Thanks to brianjb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how can i delete a file which name maybe "\b\b"

I just found that there is a file which looks like "blank" in the output of ls: ls -l total 16666 -rw-rw-rw- 1 root other 19395 Nov 20 16:4 -rw-rw-rw- 1 root other 1626347 Nov 20 17:06 text -rw-rw-rw- 1 root other 67860 Nov 20 11:34 df_out and another sample... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to delete a file named "~" ???

When i 'ls' the bin folder, there was "~" tilde in the list. How to delete this safely as this symbol represents home folder. Kindly help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete till ">" is found in all lines in a file

Hi, I have a file which has lines like these : I want to trim everything from the left till ">" such that the file looks like : If you have any ideas how to do this in 1-2 commands please help. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a file named " \ " ?

How do you delete a file named "\".... please help as i am unable to delete it.. Thanks & Regards Harish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harish369
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a column/columns of a CSV file which has cell values with a string enclosed in " , "?

How can I delete a column from a CSV file which has comma separated value with a string enclosed in double quotes and a comma in between? I have a file 44.csv with 4 lines including the header like the below format: column1, column2, column3, column 4, column5, column6 12,455,"string with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a columns of a CSV file which has cell values with a string enclosed in " , "?

Hi How can I delete a columns from a CSV file which has comma separated value with a string enclosed in double quotes or square bracket and a comma in between? I have a csv file with below format. Template,Target Server,Target Component,Rule Group,Rule,Rule Reference Number,Rule... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to delete this file: "-d^"?

Dear All, I am not sure how but I managed to create a file like this: -rw-rw-r--. 1 fred fred 7.5M Apr 30 23:52 -d^ Somehow I can neither edit this file nor delete it. Any clue on how I can edit and delete this file? Many thanks for your help and keep up the good work! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies
Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact(3pm)

NAME
Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact - an instance of Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete for contact objects. SYNOPSIS
use Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact; use strict; my $delete = Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact->new; $delete->setContact('contact-id'); print $delete->toString(1); This results in an XML document like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0 epp-1.0.xsd"> <command> <delete> <contact:delete xmlns:contact="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:contact-1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:contact-1.0 contact-1.0.xsd"> <contact:name>contact-idE<lt>/contact:name> </contact:delete> </delete> <clTRID>0cf1b8f7e14547d26f03b7641660c641d9e79f45</clTRIDE<gt> </command> </epp> OBJECT HIERARCHY
L<XML::LibXML::Node> +----L<XML::LibXML::Document> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact> METHODS
$frame->setContact($domain_name); This specifies the contact object to be deleted. AUTHOR
CentralNic Ltd (http://www.centralnic.com/). COPYRIGHT
This module is (c) 2012 CentralNic Ltd. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
o Net::EPP::Frame perl v5.14.2 2012-04-23 Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Delete::Contact(3pm)