Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep after the first comma till the next comma in a line Post 302637847 by brianjb on Wednesday 9th of May 2012 11:58:56 AM
Old 05-09-2012
Can you post the entire file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Second comma to new line.

Hi, Input is comma delimited. How to convert every second comma ',' to a new line character. I know tr ',' '\n' <filename will convert every occarance. Input : 1,5,6,4,9,..n Output: 1,5 6,4 9,.. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull Data After Comma if 2 word before comma

Hi, I am trying to truncate word after comma in a file ONLY if there are already 2 words BEFORE comma. If there is one word or 3 or more words BEFORE comma, then I have to leave the data AS IS. See below for example. Input File : John Smith, Manager Smith, John Frank J F K... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing all digits behind the comma with grep

Hello, Unix-Forums! 1.23456789 This an example number. It can be any number. I want grep to only find the digits behind the "." That means 23456789 should be the output in this case. How would I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect in comma separated csv from grep

Hi, I am newbie in unix. Could someone tell me how do I redirect my grep output to a csv/excel ? I have used below command but the outputs are appearing in one column Not in different column. grep -e cmd -e cmd1 test.txt | cut -f 5 | sort | uniq -c> op.csv I do not understand how do I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help - comma inside double quote in comma separated csv,

Hello there, I have a comma separated csv , and all the text field is wrapped by double quote. Issue is some text field contain comma as well inside double quote. so it is difficult to process. Input in the csv file is , 1,234,"abc,12,gh","GH234TY",34 I need output like below,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttam Maji
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove comma from first and last line?

Hi Gurus, I need to remove comma from first and last line. I tried below code, but no luck. It only remove first line. Gurus, please help. awk -F"," '{if(NR==1||NR==$NR) print $1; else print $0}' TEST sampe file: ABC HEADER TOTAL RECORDS ARE 2.00,,,,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse comma separated field and removing comma in between number and double quotes

Hi Experts, Please support I have below data in file in comma seperated, but 4th column is containing comma in between numbers, bcz of which when i tried to parse the file the column 6th value(5049641141) is being removed from the file and value(222.82) in column 5 becoming value of column6. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract fields from a CSV i.e comma separated where some of the fields having comma as value?

can anyone help me!!!! How to I parse the CSV file file name : abc.csv (csv file) The above file containing data like abv,sfs,,hju,',',jkk wff,fst,,rgr,',',rgr ere,edf,erg,',',rgr,rgr I have a requirement like i have to extract different field and assign them into different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Jena
4 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)