Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Port VPM Decompression Algorithm to PHP (Main Loop) - Part 2 Post 302637801 by Neo on Wednesday 9th of May 2012 10:22:35 AM
Old 05-09-2012
Since there have been no volunteers to help, and my faint attempt to motivate some "helpers" by porting "on line" has yet to yield any volunteers; I'm going to take the porting "underground" for a while and work on this in "vBulletin plugin mode".

Will update later ...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling process and going back to the main loop

hi everyone , i want to read an option and depending on the option call the program .For ex #! /bin/ksh export JAVA_HOME=/home/oracle/jdk1.6.0_20 echo " Please enter mod-modeler, dev - sqldeveloper" read choice if ; then echo ' SQL DEVELOPER IS STARTING NOW ... ' cd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdev
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Port VPM Decompression Algorithm to PHP and then to Dive Computer

Hello! I'm about to embark on a new project to port the VPM (Variable Permability Model) for decompression diving from some old BASIC code (attached, "VPM.txt") to PHP. Then, I plan to create a plugin for this site where folks can run VPM on the web. Then, I plan to improve VPM based on... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VPM decompression algorithm +++for NEO+++

Hi Neo, i have followed your porting of the VPM algorithm to C+. Did you ever finish this exercise? I am playing around with some ARM chips and would love to run the algorithm on them... would you care to share the final results? Thanks for your help. Greetings Carsten (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carsten
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
IO::Async::Loop::Epoll(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       IO::Async::Loop::Epoll(3pm)

NAME
IO::Async::Loop::Epoll - use "IO::Async" with "epoll" on Linux SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Loop::Epoll; use IO::Async::Stream; use IO::Async::Signal; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop::Epoll->new(); $loop->add( IO::Async::Stream->new( read_handle => *STDIN, on_read => sub { my ( $self, $buffref ) = @_; while( $$buffref =~ s/^(.*) ? // ) { print "You said: $1 "; } }, ) ); $loop->add( IO::Async::Signal->new( name => 'INT', on_receipt => sub { print "SIGINT, will now quit "; $loop->loop_stop; }, ) ); $loop->loop_forever(); DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Loop uses IO::Epoll to perform read-ready and write-ready tests so that the O(1) high-performance multiplexing of Linux's epoll_pwait(2) syscall can be used. The "epoll" Linux subsystem uses a registration system similar to the higher level IO::Poll object wrapper, meaning that better performance can be achieved in programs using a large number of filehandles. Each epoll_pwait(2) syscall only has an overhead proportional to the number of ready filehandles, rather than the total number being watched. For more detail, see the epoll(7) manpage. This class uses the epoll_pwait(2) system call, which atomically switches the process's signal mask, performs a wait exactly as epoll_wait(2) would, then switches it back. This allows a process to block the signals it cares about, but switch in an empty signal mask during the poll, allowing it to handle file IO and signals concurrently. CONSTRUCTOR
$loop = IO::Async::Loop::Epoll->new() This function returns a new instance of a "IO::Async::Loop::Epoll" object. METHODS
As this is a subclass of IO::Async::Loop, all of its methods are inherited. Expect where noted below, all of the class's methods behave identically to "IO::Async::Loop". $count = $loop->loop_once( $timeout ) This method calls the "poll()" method on the stored "IO::Epoll" object, passing in the value of $timeout, and processes the results of that call. It returns the total number of "IO::Async::Notifier" callbacks invoked, or "undef" if the underlying "epoll_pwait()" method returned an error. If the "epoll_pwait()" was interrupted by a signal, then 0 is returned instead. SEE ALSO
o IO::Epoll - Scalable IO Multiplexing for Linux 2.5.44 and higher o IO::Async::Loop::Poll - use IO::Async with poll(2) AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-10 IO::Async::Loop::Epoll(3pm)