Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find from file and replace with specific text Post 302637661 by pravin27 on Wednesday 9th of May 2012 06:01:16 AM
Old 05-09-2012
try this
Code:
awk -v val="x@x.com" 'NR==FNR{a[$1]++;next}
a[$1]{$0=val}1' changeFile origfile

This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read space filled file and replace text at specific position

Hi I have a spaced filled file having records like below: What I want is to read line having RT3 at position 17-19 then go to position 2651 check the 18 characters (might be space filled till 18 characters). This position should have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: COD
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use vi to replace specific line of text only

hi all, i am new bee to Unix. i know how to replace text for range of lines in vi for e.g. replace | with |||| for line 4 through 7 using vi : 4,7s/|/||||/g but i have to replace | with |||| only for line no 4, 7 and 10 using vi only!!! your help will be appreciated! thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranav.pandya
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk for a global find/replace in a file, specific column

I am new to unix and awk/sed etc... using C-Shell. Basically, I have a fixed length file that has 4 different record types on it, H, D, V, W all in column 1. I need to change all the W's in column 1 to D's. in the entire file. The W's can be anywhere in the file and must remain in the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use sed to replace but only in a specific column of the text file

Hi, I would like to use sed to replace NA to x ('s/NA/x/g'), but only in the 5th column of the space delimited text file, nowhere else. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and replace the line in text file

I have two files a.txt b.txt I want to find a line in a.txt and replace by another line from b.txt a.txt asfsdfsfsfdfsf asfwererfgdgf wrerwetretfdg b.txt werdfgdfgf werergfdgd sfdfgfgfgfgg i want to replace the 1st line of a.txt by 1st line of b.txt i want out put as (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing switch case for find and replace specific file. Help Me...

case "$inputs" in sapte) find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model -name "*.xml" exec rm -i {} \;; ckm1) find /pools/home_unix/ckm1/work/models/model -name "*.xml" exec rm -i {} \;; I am getting error like as below. ./menu1.sh: line 144: syntax error near unexpected token `)'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and replace a string in a text file

Dear all, I want to find all the "," in my text file and then replace the commas to a tab. I found a script online but I don't know how to modify the script for my case. Any one can help? Thank you. @echo off &setlocal set "search=%1" set "replace=%2" set "textfile=Input.txt" set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find replace text in xml file on the fly

Dear Unix guru, I have a .XML file which is being used to load data to oracle. This file comes on unix box and one of the tag in xml is oracle key word. I want to find that tag and replace with new tag on the fly For example I will get one of the tag in xml is as below <from>Test Test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies
PCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PCLOCK(1)

NAME
pclock - pixmap clock SYNOPSIS
pclock [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pclock command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pclock is a program that places a small analog clock program on the desktop of X. It was designed to run under the WindowMaker window man- ager. It uses any 64x64 pixmap as a background. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-') and short optoins starting with one dash. A summary of options is included below. -B PIXMAP, --background=PIXMAP Use the given pixmap as the clock background (size must be 64x64). -H COLOR, --hands-color=COLOR Draw the hands (hour, minute and second) in the specified color. -S COLOR, --second-hand-color Draw the second hand in the specified color -h, --help Show summary of options. --hour-hand-length=INT Draw the hour hand with the specified length of INT. --minute-hand-length=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-length=INT Draw the second hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-width=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified width of INT. -s, --second-hand Don't display the second hand. -v, --version Show version of program. -w, --withdrawn Don't start up in a withdrawn (iconic) state. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Darren Benham <gecko@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The soft- ware is copyrighted (c) 1998 by and released under the GPL v2. Author: Alexander Kourakos <Alexander@Kourakos.com> Web: http://www.kourakos.com/~awk/pclock/ PCLOCK(1)