Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rolling Back an Update
Operating Systems Linux Rolling Back an Update Post 302637311 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 05:28:04 PM
Old 05-08-2012
It's an apples to oranges comparison. You're also trying to implement across all UNIX something which you only did on one OS.

I'm wondering why you're refusing to even consider proper backups as a method...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rolling back time

Hi all, Have a small problem. Back in October the pervious sys-admin (of a client's company) made the necessary adjustments to the system clock for daylight savings (Sydney time - +11 GMT). As far as I can gather, they just amended the time - NO TIMEZONE !?! Is there an effective and safe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
5 Replies

2. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

log rolling

Hi, I'm thinking of running a script via cron (every hour) to do the log rolling. The file is "file.txt" and there going to be 10 files rolling (file.txt.n). The file is being written constantly by an application. The script will do the following: 1. cat file.txt > file.txt.0 2. cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

5. AIX

rolling back Technology Level

Hi, is it possible to roll back currently updated Technology level ? what are steps required? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rolling back SQL transaction

Can some one help me related to .sql file issue. I have a .sqlfile and tried to read the file thru unix. In the .sqlfile I have error rows as well and when error comes I dont want to proceed further and need to roll back all the transactions. sample .sql file below insert into test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Middled Rolling average

Dear Help, The input file is below --- 13 2238422.00000 101083.00000 0.89024 0.00416 0.00467 14 2238318.00000 101090.00000 0.89100 0.00416 0.00467 15 2238209.00000 101100.00000 0.90964 0.00424 0.00466 16 2238104.00000 101104.00000 0.97568 0.00463 0.00475 17 2237991.00000 101113.00000... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
8 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

SEO Update: Back On Page 1 for Google SERPs (between #6 and #8)

Well, good news... Just checked a number of browsers set to the US region of Google , NCR https://www.google.com/ncr unix.com was back on the first page, between #6 and #8. Will be interesting to see if we can make it back to our highest #4 ranking in 2019. Google Webmaster Tools... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
Data::Munge(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Data::Munge(3pm)

NAME
Data::Munge - various utility functions SYNOPSIS
use Data::Munge; my $re = list2re qw/foo bar baz/; print byval { s/foo/bar/ } $text; foo(mapval { chomp } @lines); print replace('Apples are round, and apples are juicy.', qr/apples/i, 'oranges', 'g'); print replace('John Smith', qr/(w+)s+(w+)/, '$2, $1'); DESCRIPTION
This module defines a few generally useful utility functions. I got tired of redefining or working around them, so I wrote this module. Functions list2re LIST Converts a list of strings to a regex that matches any of the strings. Especially useful in combination with "keys". Example: my $re = list2re keys %hash; $str =~ s/($re)/$hash{$1}/g; byval BLOCK SCALAR Takes a code block and a value, runs the block with $_ set to that value, and returns the final value of $_. The global value of $_ is not affected. $_ isn't aliased to the input value either, so modifying $_ in the block will not affect the passed in value. Example: foo(byval { s/!/?/g } $str); # Calls foo() with the value of $str, but all '!' have been replaced by '?'. # $str itself is not modified. mapval BLOCK LIST Works like a combination of "map" and "byval"; i.e. it behaves like "map", but $_ is a copy, not aliased to the current element, and the return value is taken from $_ again (it ignores the value returned by the block). Example: my @foo = mapval { chomp } @bar; # @foo contains a copy of @bar where all elements have been chomp'd. # This could also be written as chomp(my @foo = @bar); but that's not # always possible. submatches Returns a list of the strings captured by the last successful pattern match. Normally you don't need this function because this is exactly what "m//" returns in list context. However, "submatches" also works in other contexts such as the RHS of "s//.../e". replace STRING, REGEX, REPLACEMENT, FLAG replace STRING, REGEX, REPLACEMENT A clone of javascript's "String.prototype.replace". It works almost the same as "byval { s/REGEX/REPLACEMENT/FLAG } STRING", but with a few important differences. REGEX can be a string or a compiled "qr//" object. REPLACEMENT can be a string or a subroutine reference. If it's a string, it can contain the following replacement patterns: $$ Inserts a '$'. $& Inserts the matched substring. $` Inserts the substring preceding the match. $' Inserts the substring following the match. $N (where N is a digit) Inserts the substring matched by the Nth capturing group. ${N} (where N is one or more digits) Inserts the substring matched by the Nth capturing group. Note that these aren't variables; they're character sequences interpreted by "replace". If REPLACEMENT is a subroutine reference, it's called with the following arguments: First the matched substring (like $& above), then the contents of the capture buffers (as returned by "submatches"), then the offset where the pattern matched (like "$-[0]", see "@-" in perlvar), then the STRING. The return value will be inserted in place of the matched substring. Normally only the first occurrence of REGEX is replaced. If FLAG is present, it must be 'g' and causes all occurrences to be replaced. AUTHOR
Lukas Mai, "<l.mai at web.de>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2011 Lukas Mai. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-03 Data::Munge(3pm)