Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add column info from one file to larger second file Post 302637193 by bartus11 on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 01:15:15 PM
Old 05-08-2012
Try:
Code:
join -j1 -o1.1,2.2,1.2 -a1 <(sort file1) <(sort file2)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a Larger File Into Mutiple Smaller ones.

Hello.. Iam in need to urgent help with the below. Have data-file with 40,567 and need to split them into multiple files with smaller line-count. Iam aware of "split" command with -l option which allows you to specify the no of lines in smaller files ,with the target file-name pattern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhubt_1982
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Ftp cannot put file larger than 64kb

Hi gurus, I have a problem with ftp access. The first 2 test e.g. Test A & Test B was successful with the file size 64kb (800++ numbers). The third test with file size 120kb was failed. The error is "Netout :Connection reset by peer". No password entered manually since the test run from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system

Hello, Can anybody please tell me the command to find out the filesystem or a file which is consuming larger disk space sing i want to find out the file and want to compress it please help me out any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a mail when you add info to a txt file

Hi, I have an application's log file: /var/log/logfile which is feeded from time to time due to an application. This file contains data, what I want is: -Whenever some new data is copied to /var/log/logfileI want to generate an email to root BUT only with the new added data in the body.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop line in a file and add info or do echo

I have a record.txt it will update weekly, and it could be 2 lines or more ... it just echo each line to the script san jose,23.34% tampa,2.15% dallas,30.20% seattle,44.29% Unknown,16.72% How do i write a shell script to give me a test.pl or bash file which contain #!/home/perl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new column from another file in existing file

I have two files which has one column comman in them. The two files has exact same number of rows in the same sequence. I want to add the second column of Users_detail_servicesonly.txt as last column in the existing file. 1) Users_detail_complete.txt V0135 Memb Info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Yadav
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a larger .xml file from a template(sample file)

Dear All, I have a template xml file like below. ....Some---Header....... <SignalPreference> ... <SignalName>STRING</SignalName> ... </SignalPreference> ......Some formatting text....... <SignalPreference> ......... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Row if Third Column is Larger

Hi, I am fairly new to Unix scripting. We are running Solaris 5.10. I have the following question: Assume a text file with one text column, followed by 2 integer columns. How would I generate a script or, preferably, a command that will output the rows in which the value of the third... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: QZ1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column to file A according to file B

Hi, i have a file A like this: JAT1 JAT2 JAT3 JAT4 JAT5 JAT6 ... and file B: JAT2 1.2 JAT4 2.3 JAT6 1.5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with add existing file name as new data column in new output file

Input File 1 cat S1.txt MI0043 2731 miR-1 Input File 2 cat S4.txt MI006 310 CiR-1 MI057 10 CiR-24 MI750 5 CiR-24 Desired Output File 1 cat S1.txt.out MI0043 2731 miR-1 S1.txt Desired Output File 2 cat S4.txt.out MI006 310 CiR-1 S4.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies
Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetJoinStyle, Tk_NameOfJoinStyle - translate between strings and join styles SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetJoinStyle(interp, string, joinPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfJoinStyle(join) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char *string (in) String containing name of join style: one of "bevel", "miter", or "round". int *joinPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store X join style corresponding to string. int join (in) Join style: one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, JoinRound. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetJoinStyle places in *joinPtr the X join style corresponding to string, which will be one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, or JoinRound. Join styles are typically used in X graphics contexts to indicate how adjacent line segments should be joined together. See the X documentation for information on what each style implies. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If string does not contain a valid join style or an abbrevia- tion of one of these names, then an error message is stored in interp->result, TCL_ERROR is returned, and *joinPtr is unmodified. Tk_NameOfJoinStyle is the logical inverse of Tk_GetJoinStyle. Given a join style such as JoinBevel it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to join. If join is not a legal join style, then "unknown join style" is returned. KEYWORDS
bevel, join style, miter, round Tk Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)