Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers arecord not interrupted after specified duration Post 302637149 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 11:43:59 AM
Old 05-08-2012
Sounds like something was holding you sound card busy, then. Or the program was trying to use the wrong sound card -- sometimes the default ends up being a modem or something...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated sftp procedure interrupted

Dear experts, I have a local computer and remote computer (only sftp accessed). I want to delete files x and y in both local and remote computer using the following automated script: sftp $remote > /dev/null < mdel.file the file mdel.file has been pre-created, and its content is cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyin.huang
2 Replies

2. Programming

Problem with signal handler and interrupted system call

Hi, I have a daq program that runs in an infinite loop until it receives SIGINT. A handler catches the signal and sets a flag to stop the while loop. After the loop some things have to be cleaned up. The problem is that I want my main while loop to wait until the next full second begins, to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soeckel
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

ssh connection refused post yum interrupted update

an update of RHEL 5.1 via yum was interrupted after installing the following packages. Running Transaction Updating : libgcc ##################### Updating : setup ##################### Updating : filesystem ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: egrotjahn
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

arecord, pdflush and bfr.

Hi All I'm using arecord to record directly to a USB key: arecord -f cd > /mnt/usb/myfile.wav But I see buffer overruns at 30 second intervals, which correspond with short bursts of USB write activity. I'm assuming this is related to: /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centiseconds And the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucksbell
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort by Duration

.......................................................................................................................... 03:40 Geonetric File from CCL Complete 03:40:59 03:41:08 00:00:09 00:00:01 N/A 005 sys_runccl ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Interrupted Cygwin install changed permissions on C drive

I was installing cygwin on my Windows 7 desktop. I guess I picked a bad mirror site because the download speed was very slow and it wasn't able to give me all the packages I wanted. I closed the setup in too much haste. I think it was still downloading and not yet installing though. It said that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ethoma7329
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Folder location interrupted

Have had hidden/interrupted folder. It is on a NTFS-partition I use for OS and Bootcamp. I think that the problem is a HFS+ problem. I happened with all the folder which had a slash "/" in their folder name. So for example I had the folder "test/rand". Recently it disappeared from finder. In... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sceltecs
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is original file modified when pigz is interrupted?

I had to stop a pigz (parallel gzip) compression before it completed. Is the original uncompressed file changed/corrupted? I was under the impression that the original file is not changed during compression, though it is deleted if the compression is successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colin123
1 Replies
pilot-wav(1)							    PILOT-LINK							      pilot-wav(1)

NAME
pilot-wav - Decodes Palm Voice Memo files to wav files you can read on your desktop SECTION
pilot-link: Userland conduits SYNOPSIS
pilot-wav [-p|--port <port>] [--version] [-?|--help] [-q|--quiet] [--usage] [-f|--fetch [file|all]] [-c|--convert file] OPTIONS
pilot-wav options -f, --fetch [file|all] Fetch all wav files or specified wav file from the Palm. -c, --convert file.wav.pdb Convert file.wav.pdb file to wav Conduit Options -p, --port port Use device file port to communicate with the Palm handheld. If this is not specified, pilot-wav will look for the $PILOTPORT environment variable. If neither are found or supplied, pilot-wav will print the usage information. -q, --quiet Suppress 'Hit HotSync button' message -v, --version Display version of pilot-wav. Help Options -h, --help Display the help synopsis for pilot-wav. --usage Display a brief usage message and exit without connecting. EXAMPLES
# Fetch all of the voice memo files from your Palm and save them to .wav files on your desktop machine pilot-wav -p /dev/pilot -f MyVoiceMemo.wav.pdb # Convert all voice memos found in MyVoiceMemo to .wav files on your desktop machine pilot-wav -c MyVoiceMemo.wav.pdb AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> REPORTING BUGS
We have an online bug tracker. Using this is the only way to ensure that your bugs are recorded and that we can track them until they are resolved or closed. Reporting bugs via email, while easy, is not very useful in terms of accountability. Please point your browser to http://bugs.pilot-link.org: http://bugs.pilot-link.org and report your bugs and issues there. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. SEE ALSO
pilot-link(7) 0.12.5 Copyright 1996-2007 FSF pilot-wav(1)