Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers arecord not interrupted after specified duration Post 302637149 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 11:43:59 AM
Old 05-08-2012
Sounds like something was holding you sound card busy, then. Or the program was trying to use the wrong sound card -- sometimes the default ends up being a modem or something...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated sftp procedure interrupted

Dear experts, I have a local computer and remote computer (only sftp accessed). I want to delete files x and y in both local and remote computer using the following automated script: sftp $remote > /dev/null < mdel.file the file mdel.file has been pre-created, and its content is cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyin.huang
2 Replies

2. Programming

Problem with signal handler and interrupted system call

Hi, I have a daq program that runs in an infinite loop until it receives SIGINT. A handler catches the signal and sets a flag to stop the while loop. After the loop some things have to be cleaned up. The problem is that I want my main while loop to wait until the next full second begins, to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soeckel
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

ssh connection refused post yum interrupted update

an update of RHEL 5.1 via yum was interrupted after installing the following packages. Running Transaction Updating : libgcc ##################### Updating : setup ##################### Updating : filesystem ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: egrotjahn
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

arecord, pdflush and bfr.

Hi All I'm using arecord to record directly to a USB key: arecord -f cd > /mnt/usb/myfile.wav But I see buffer overruns at 30 second intervals, which correspond with short bursts of USB write activity. I'm assuming this is related to: /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centiseconds And the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucksbell
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort by Duration

.......................................................................................................................... 03:40 Geonetric File from CCL Complete 03:40:59 03:41:08 00:00:09 00:00:01 N/A 005 sys_runccl ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Interrupted Cygwin install changed permissions on C drive

I was installing cygwin on my Windows 7 desktop. I guess I picked a bad mirror site because the download speed was very slow and it wasn't able to give me all the packages I wanted. I closed the setup in too much haste. I think it was still downloading and not yet installing though. It said that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ethoma7329
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Folder location interrupted

Have had hidden/interrupted folder. It is on a NTFS-partition I use for OS and Bootcamp. I think that the problem is a HFS+ problem. I happened with all the folder which had a slash "/" in their folder name. So for example I had the folder "test/rand". Recently it disappeared from finder. In... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sceltecs
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is original file modified when pigz is interrupted?

I had to stop a pigz (parallel gzip) compression before it completed. Is the original uncompressed file changed/corrupted? I was under the impression that the original file is not changed during compression, though it is deleted if the compression is successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colin123
1 Replies
RANDOMSOUND(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    RANDOMSOUND(8)

NAME
randomsound - ALSA sound card related entropy gathering daemon. SYNOPSIS
randomsound [options] DESCRIPTION
Using the low order bit of the ADC output of your sound card, randomsound gathers entropy, debiases it and offers it up to your kernel's random pool. It can be tweaked to only write into the pool when it drops below a certain level, and to back off once the pool is full enough. This build will set your sound card into 16 bit mono unsigned input at 8KHz. If your sound card cannot do that then you will need to change the defines in asoundrunner.c and recompile the package. You must have set up asound as root on your machine. This can be done with the asoundconf tool and its set-default-card command. You may also need to use the alsamixer to ensure that the sound card is generating plenty of noise. Set all the gains nice and high, turn on any boosters you have. If you have a V_REFLVL or similar then consider tweaking that. OPTIONS
-D Daemonize -v Increase verbosity. Can be used more than once. -m specify minimum number of bits of entropy in the pool. -M specify max number of bits in the pool. -b specify number of bytes of randomness to buffer for use. -d specify number of bytes to deposit into the pool each time. -h display help message -V display version information. AUTHOR
randomsound was written by Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@digital-scurf.org> Pepperfish August 18, 2007 RANDOMSOUND(8)