Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Capturing console (/dev/ttyS1) logs Post 302636919 by xerox on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 05:51:21 AM
Old 05-08-2012
This is on an embedded device with Linux 2.6.27.39-grsec.

dmesg only gives kernel logs, the logs i intent to collect come from the ramfs, before booting the kernel.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/console file

Hello, I am fairly new to UNIX. I ran command tty on my shell prompt and it return me /dev/console. I was reading in the book that normally output of tty command is tty01 , tty02 or so on. My question is this is the file for my monitor? UNIX called it Terminal or Workstation? What is this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikabid
4 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. BSD

Logging to /dev/console

Hi, The output of the cat ttys on a free BSD m/c console none unknown off secure # # Serial terminals # The 'dialup' keyword identifies dialin lines to login, fingerd etc. ttyd0 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" unknown on secure ttyd1 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" dialup off ttyd2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlalitha
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing FTP logs

Hi Guys, I am trying to capture the FTP Logs in a log file. I am using the below code. ftp -d -n -v $Remote_Host << EOD > $Ftp_LOG; Since iam running the script in debug mode, i am able to see that the ftp is done and the file has been transferred. But the log file does not have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the killed process logs

I have two set of questions. 1) To skip killing some process automatically. 2) To kill other process and capture their log. I have set of process, some needs to be killed gracefully and others should be skipped. Listed are the process. adm 1522... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murali1687
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simply question about capturing output to /dev/tty

Suppose another person wrote the following one-line shell script: echo $RANDOM > /dev/tty QUESTION #1: How can the random number, which is output to the terminal by this script, be captured in a variable? QUESTION #2: How can this be done in a cron job? Specific code, whether in ksh or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul R
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in capturing Time from Autosys Logs

Hi Guys, I'm very new to Shell scripting and have to design a code which I'm not able to find a way to. I will try to explain the aim in detail and shall be obliged if anyone could help me with the coding snippet. I have an input file who's every row has a few details about an autosys Job. I shall... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crusnik02
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with Capturing time from Autosys logs

Hi Guys, I'm very new to Shell scripting and have to design a code which I'm not able to find a way to. I will try to explain the aim in detail and shall be obliged if anyone could help me with the coding snippet. I have an input file who's every row has a few details about an autosys Job. I shall... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Crusnik02
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for capturing FTP logs

I have a script #!/bin/bash HOST=ftp.example.com USER=ftpuser PASSWORD=P@ssw0rd ftp -inv $HOST <<EOF user $USER $PASSWORD cd /path/to/file mput *.html bye EOF the script executes sucessfully I need to capture the FTP logs to a logfile should contain FTP Login successful ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshas83
1 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)