Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy a field into n line in another place Post 302636783 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 02:38:56 AM
Old 05-08-2012
Why can't you use perl oreka18?
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the value of a line, that changes place

Hi I am trying to get the value of several results in a file called seq032.diag. The values I am looking for is down under Smooth Tracking nodes and is for g01r01 g02r01 s01t02 etc etc. The problem is that when I try to use look for text and tail etc, it works fine in one result file. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navigatorchief
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is the best way to copy data from place to another place?

Dear Gurus, I need you to advice or suggestion about the best solution to copy data around 200-300G from serverA(location A) to serverB(location B). Normally, I will share folder and then copy but it takes too long time(about 2 days). Do you have any suggestion or which way should be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy dir/file from one place to another.

Hello all. I'm not getting the hang of Paths. I have a dir w/files that I want to copy to another dir. Right now I am in the "source" directory. I want to copy it to Ch7. "cp -r source Ch7". Ch7 was already created. 1st msg.: cannot stat `source`: No such file or dir. I typed pwd & got... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using gsed with cp to sort files in directory - every N file copy to new place

Hi all, I'm having a problem with some basic piping issues... I have been able to get in a directory and ls | gsed in order to list every N file for instance: ls | gsed -n '2~5p' The thing is I want to be able to copy the output files to a new directory. Basically directory /all has a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgoss
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Field in Current Line with Field in Previous

Hi Guys I have the following file Essentially, I am trying to find the right awk/sed syntax in order to produce the following 3 distinct files from the file above: Basically, I want to print the lines of the file as long as the second field of the current line is equal to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: moutaye
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update field value in place?

Dear all: I have a file: 1:00 2:abc 3:12asweand I ran the following awk script on this file: #!/usr/bin/awk -f { i= 1; while(i<=NF) { $i=substr($i, 1, index($i, ":")-1); i++ } }I am expecting the file would become (after running... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to place value at 24 field in a flat file issue

I am trying to add 0393 value at 24th feild using the below command, but its adding at all the lines including header and trailer Input file: ZHV|2657|D0217001|T|TXU|Z|PAN|20131112000552||||OPER| 754|52479| 492|489|SP40|1014570286334|20131111|20131201|14355334|CHAMELON... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add line in exact place

I have one big XML file which contains information about 100 jobs,"JOB JOBISN=" indicates that is a job so where ever tag starts with "JOB JOBISN=" then i need to add below highlighted line between "<INCOND NAME" and "<OUTCOND NAME" for all jobs.like this i want to add below highlighted line for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Remove new line for a particular place

Hello All, I have a text file which gets uploaded to tables using shells script. However before running that script I need to alter it, like in the below I have to firstly find the word 1234 and remove the new line from end of it. 1234,5678,fasfasasfsadf abc changes to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_sandy
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies
NGRAPH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NGRAPH(1)

NAME
Ngraph - creating scientific 2-dimensional graphs SYNOPSIS
ngraph [options] [data file(s) or ngp file] DESCRIPTION
Ngraph is the program to create scientific 2-dimensional graphs for researchers and engineers. Graphs can be exported to PostScript, SVG, PNG or PDF format. OPTIONS
Command line options are: -L file load ngp file -x column data column for the x axis -y column data column for the y axis -X use X axis as the x axis -Y use Y axis as the y axis -U use U axis as the x axis -R use R axis as the y axis -d {mark | line | polygon | curve | diagonal | arrow | rectangle | rectangle_fill | rectangle_solid_fill | errorbar_x | errorbar_y | stair- case_x | staircase_y | bar_x | bar_y | bar_fill_x | bar_fill_y | bar_solid_fill_x | bar_solid_fill_y | fit} specify plot type -m type specify mark type (0-89) -o size specify mark size -l style specify line style -w width specify line width -CR n specify red component of the 1st plot color (0-255) -CG n specify green component of the 1st plot color (0-255) -CB n specify blue component of the 1st plot color (0-255) -cr n specify red component of the 2nd plot color (0-255) -cg n specify green component of the 2nd plot color (0-255) -cb n specify blue component of the 2nd plot color (0-255) -s line specify number of the head skip -r step specify number of the read step -f line specify number of the final line -vx n neighbor average of the x data -vy n neighbor average of the y data -mx formula specify math transformation for the x data -my formula specify math transformation for the y data -ex {linear | log | inverse | MJD} specify scale type of the x axis -ey {linear | log | inverse | MJD} specify scale type of the y axis -minx value specify minimum value of x axis -maxx value specify maximum value of x axis -incx value specify increment value of x axis -miny value specify minimum value of y axis -maxy value specify maximum value of y axis -incy value specify increment value of y axis -g load settings from data file -png file convert ngp file to PNG format -pdf file convert ngp file to PDF format -ps file convert ngp file to PostScript format -eps file convert ngp file to Encapsulated PostScript format -svg file convert ngp file to SVG format -gra file convert ngp file to GRA format -dialog show print dialog (with -p option) -p file print ngp file -n output ngp-file to stdout -h, --help show help message -v, --version show version of Ngraph -V, --VERSION show detail information about Ngraph FILES
${HOME}/.Ngraph/Ngraph.nsc start up script ${HOME}/.Ngraph/Ngraph.ini configuration file ${HOME}/.Ngraph/Ngraph.ngp default graph AUTHORS
Satoshi ISHIZAKA Hiroyuki Ito <ZXB01226@nifty.com> SEE ALSO
ngp2(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Satoshi ISHIZAKA Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Hiroyuki Ito 4th Berkeley Distribution Local NGRAPH(1)