Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server interface ip question
Operating Systems Solaris Server interface ip question Post 302636729 by jlouki01 on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 12:36:23 AM
Old 05-08-2012
They can have hundreds.
This User Gave Thanks to jlouki01 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Double question: Apache mod_proxy and force connection over specific interface

Double question here ... Running on Debian Etch and Apache 2.0 1) Using mod_proxy and/or mod_proxy_http in apache 2.0. The basics of using mod_proxy are pretty simple so long as you're using a static config. I'm trying to figure out how to do it dynamically - that is, allow the entry of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Halfwalker
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

3. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

5. AIX

Same shell script does not working on same server but from different interface..why?

Hi , I have shell script which is perfectly working on unix server prompt. But when i execute it using maestro scheduler with same user , it is giving error of not recognizing the env or local variable. This is code in script inbDir=${INTRFACE_DIR}/inbound zipfile=$inbDir/$1 echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avi.coep
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

DHCP Server on Vxworks multi interface question

Hi, We currently operate a DHCP Server on Vxworks system. It seems that the server is functioning only over the boot interface. While trying to use it on a different interface the DHCP client messages seems to reach the interface but stay without response. From a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zohara
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quoting / interface question

Hi, My first shell script is one that prints the five largest directories in a given directory. My current effort is as follows, it gives me the output I'd like, but I have to quote a globbed pathname, which seems wrong: #!/bin/sh du -hs $1 | sort -rn | head -n 5 And I must invoke... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aardymir
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

9. AIX

Need a graphical interface on AIX server to create database

Hello, Please suggest me the ways how to get graphical interface on AIX server.I need to create oracle database for which I need graphical access. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies
cf-agent(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       cf-agent(8)

NAME
cf-agent - cfengine's change agent SYNOPSIS
: cf-agent [options] DESCRIPTION
: The main Cfengine agent is the instigator of change in the system. In that sense it is the most important part of the Cfengine suite. cfengine is a self-healing configuration and change management based system. You can think of cfengine as a very high level language, much higher level than Perl or shell. Asingle statement is called a promise, and compliance can result in many hundreds of filesbeing created, or the permissions of many hundreds offiles being set. The idea of cfengine is to create a one or more sets of configuration files which willclassify and describe the setup of every host in a network. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
: --bootstrap, -B Bootstrap/repair a cfengine configuration from failsafe file in the WORKDIR else in current directory --bundlesequence, -b Set or override bundlesequence from command line --debug, -d Set debugging level 0,1,2 --define, -D Define a list of comma separated classes to be defined at the start of execution --diagnostic, -x Do internal diagnostic (developers only) level in optional argument --dry-run, -n All talk and no action mode - make no changes, only inform of promises not kept --file, -f Specify an alternative input file than the default --help, -h Print the help message --inform, -I Print basic information about changes made to the system, i.e. promises repaired --negate, -N Define a list of comma separated classes to be undefined at the start of execution --no-lock, -K Ignore locking constraints during execution (ifelapsed/expireafter) if "too soon" to run --policy-server, -s Define the server name or IP address of the a policy server (for use with bootstrap) --verbose, -v Output verbose information about the behaviour of the agent --version, -V Output the version of the software AUTHOR
Mark Burgess and CFEngine AS INFORMATION
Bug reports: http://bug.cfengine.com, .PP Community help: http://forum.cfengine.com Community info: http://www.cfengine.com/pages/community Support services: http://www.cfengine.com This software is Copyright (C) 2008-2013 CFEngine AS. Maintenance Commands cf-agent(8)