Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Port VPM Decompression Algorithm to PHP and then to Dive Computer Post 302636563 by Neo on Monday 7th of May 2012 03:04:43 PM
Old 05-07-2012
Ah! Found the python source code for the above thesis (attached as a reference), here.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decompression utility

I am looking for an unzip application that can handle Unix .z files, but from a Windows environment AND has a command-line prompt. Anybody know of anything? TIA, H2M3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: H2M3
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Decompression with Cygwin

I am having some trouble decompressing a tar.bz2 with Cygwin. Is it even possible to do this? I am new to Unix so I have no idea. I downloaded GCC on my Windows machine (gcc-3.4.4.tar.bz2) and I've been trying to decompress and install it. Is cygwin this best way to decompress on a windows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noob1021
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compression and decompression in the same script

Hi Guys, I'm just wondering how to compress and decompress a file in the same script using multiple programs, and can it be done in one line? e.g gzip file && gunzip file bzip2 file && bunzip file I tried this and a few other combinations but it doesn't seem to work. Any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spaulds
6 Replies

4. Ubuntu

SSH and VPM Doubt

hI MY Nerd folks...i have ubuntu 10.4 in my machine...i want to use open shh in my latop for the sake of being complete anonymous...but am just a noob anyont got any tips for me for the complete steps or for How to LInks ...watever..thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: surensach
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Port VPM Decompression Algorithm to PHP (Main Loop) - Part 2

Continued from here. Port the main loop C code to PHP. Here is the C code for the main loop: /* =============================================================================== */ /* Begin MAIN proc (see endofpgm for alternate entry) */ /*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VPM decompression algorithm +++for NEO+++

Hi Neo, i have followed your porting of the VPM algorithm to C+. Did you ever finish this exercise? I am playing around with some ARM chips and would love to run the algorithm on them... would you care to share the final results? Thanks for your help. Greetings Carsten (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carsten
0 Replies
SUPERGLOBALS(3) 							 1							   SUPERGLOBALS(3)

Superglobals - Superglobals are built-in variables that are always available in all scopes

Several predefined variables in PHP are "superglobals", which means they are available in all scopes throughout a script. There is no need
       to do global $variable; to access them within functions or methods.

These superglobal variables are:

o$GLOBALS

o$_SERVER

o$_GET

o$_POST

o$_FILES

o$_COOKIE

o$_SESSION

o$_REQUEST

o$_ENV

+--------+---------------------------------------+
       |Version |					|
       |	|					|
       |	|	       Description		|
       |	|					|
       | 4.1.0	|					|
       |	|					|
       |	|  Superglobals were introduced to PHP. |
       |	|					|
       Note

Variable availability

By default, all of the superglobals are available but there are directives that affect this availability. For further  information,
	      refer to the documentation for variables_order.

Note

Dealing with register_globals

If the deprecated register_globals directive is set to on then the variables within will also be made available in the global scope
	      of the script. For example, $_POST['foo'] would also exist as $foo.

For related information, see the FAQ titled "How does register_globals affect me?"

Note

Variable variables

Superglobals cannot be used as variable variables inside functions or class methods.

variable scope, The variables_order directive, The filter extension.

PHP Documentation Group 													   SUPERGLOBALS(3)