Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris backup the whole system to a usb disk. Post 302636515 by botella on Monday 7th of May 2012 02:03:47 PM
Old 05-07-2012
I have Symantec Veritas. I have solaris installation cd, i can send you the realease i have when i get the information.
I´m gonna get: Solaris version (uname -X), df -k, mount -p, and some veritas information (hastatus etc). Is it ok?, do you need some other information to guide me?. Which tool i can use, i saw something like flarcreate, ufsdum, or vxdump, and i see some command like dd ....... What do you have in mind?

THanks in advance:!

Last edited by botella; 05-07-2012 at 03:17 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using USB Memory Sticks to backup

I'm trying to set up a RELIABLE backup routine using several USB memory sticks on a SCO 6 Server. Does anybody have any experience of how to do this? I presume I have to mount the memory stick, copy the files to it & then unmount the stick so that another memory stick could be used for the next... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifleet2007
5 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 6. Backup & Restore from USB

Finaly got usb working on sco6. If anyone need help with that just ask. My final goal is to able to do a complete system backup/restore to/from usb. The problems I need help with 1. Can't cpio to usb device. Getting an error message device not found 2. When booted from sco6 emergency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miles556
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup disk to disk to tape question

Hi all I had started to learn how to backup disk to disk to tape method Firstly I had backup to my NAS tar czvf /MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar /home Secondly I using dd command to copy the tar to tape dd if=/MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar of=/dev/tape0 But the tape drive always hang.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Hard Disk Xenix System V

Hey all, At my work we have an installation that runs on a Xenix System V coupled with a PLC. Now I have to take a backup of the complete Hard Disk from the PC but have no idea how to manage this. Could someone help me and tell me which steps I have to take. Thanx. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideshow bob
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Broken system disk - mount a zfs backup fs

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine. I have made a script which would take snapshots of all the rpool filesystems every day and send them to a (local) hard drive. There is a zpool on that drive called backup. Now in case of a system failure, I will act according to a manual on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Backup on USB

How can i backup the whole solaris system to a usb. I have already mounted the usb: /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s2 15G 3.5G 11G 24% /dns_backup Is there a specific command to backup or do i have to manually copy all the files to the usb. I will use the backup to restore the system after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjeev_ron
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to backup ZFS filesystems to files on USB drive?

Dear Solaris 10 Experts, I need to carry out a manual backup of all zpool/zfs filesystems on a Solaris 10 x86 server in order to port it onto VM Ware hardware but don't know how to do it. Past exercises have been smooth using ufsdump & ufsrestore for small standalone servers. Below are the zfs... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
22 Replies

9. Solaris

Anyway to do ufsdump os backup to usb drives

hi folks happy new year to all, I haven't been coming round for a long time. I've been googling about this can't seem to find any good examples, I need to know if it's possible to do a ufsdump os backup into a usb flash drive. Then what about in event of os recovery when we boot to single... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)