Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl: comparision of field line by line in two files Post 302636499 by Klashxx on Monday 7th of May 2012 01:21:17 PM
Old 05-07-2012
No worry , give us an example of your expected output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file comparision by line

i have two files and i want to compare these two it shoud print those lines which are not in 2nd file a.txt 1236,AB,0 2345,CD,1 5679,EF,1 9123,AA,1 9223,AA,0 b.txt 1234,AB,0 2345,CD,1 5678,EF,1 9123,AA,0 o/p 1236,AB,0 5679,EF,1 9123,AA,1 9223,AA,0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line by Line Comparision of 2 files and print only the difference

Hi, I am trying to find an alternative way to do tkdiff. In tkdiff the gui compares each line and highlights only the differences. for eg: John works at McDonalds s(test) He was playing guitar tywejk John works in McDonalds 9908 He was playing guitar I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveen@
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of two files line by line and compare the line by line?

Hi All, I'm trying to figure out which are the trusted-ips and which are not using a script file.. I have a file named 'ip-list.txt' which contains some ip addresses and another file named 'trusted-ip-list.txt' which also contains some ip addresses. I want to read a line from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files comparision with single field

Hi , Im new to uxin environment and shell scripting.... please help me with the code for the following scenario..... file 1 contains the following fields abc 200 rupee IND cdf 400 dollar USA efg 300 euro GER hij 600 pound ENG file 2 SBI abc 321 dollar CANAD kvr mnd ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivaji_veer
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision line by line

Hi, I want to compare 2 files and get output file into seperate folder. Both file names will change daily with timestamp (ex: file1_06_17_2013_0514), so i can't mention the file names in the script to compare, but i need to compare these 2 files daily and generate output to another... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish123
28 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl how to compare two pdf files line by line

Hi Experts, Would really appreciate if anyone can guide me how to compare two pdf files line by line and report the difference to another file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth_babu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace first field of a line with previous filed of the line

Hi Everyone, I have a file as below: IM2345638,sherfvf,usha,30 IM384940374,deiufbd,usha,30 IM323763822,cdejdkdnbds,theju,15 0,dhejdncbfd,us,20 IM398202038,dhekjdkdld,tj,30 0,foifsjd,u2,40 The output i need is as below IM2345638,sherfvf,usha,30... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add specific string to last field of each line in perl based on value

I am trying to add a condition to the below perl that will capture the GTtag and place a specific string in the last field of each line. The problem is that the GT value used is not right after the tag rather it is a few fields away. The values should always be 0/1 or 1/2 and are in bold in the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
line(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           line(1)

NAME
line - read one line SYNOPSIS
line DESCRIPTION
The line utility copies one line (up to and including a new-line) from the standard input and writes it on the standard output. It returns an exit status of 1 on EOF and always prints at least a new-line. It is often used within shell files to read from the user's terminal. EXIT STATUS
Exit status is: 0 Successful completion >0 End-of-file on input. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), read(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 line(1)