Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris backup the whole system to a usb disk. Post 302636493 by botella on Monday 7th of May 2012 01:16:42 PM
Old 05-07-2012
Hi Juan thanks for your answer.
I donīt have a RAID.
The server has two disk working together (it was automatically configured).
I think veritas only reply the database. But now, the other server (the stanby is down).
I donīt know what is SVM.

Now iīm going to the place where i have the server to get the logs. (mount -p)

Do you need any other log? (SVM, Veritas configuration, disk configuration). Please send me a detail.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using USB Memory Sticks to backup

I'm trying to set up a RELIABLE backup routine using several USB memory sticks on a SCO 6 Server. Does anybody have any experience of how to do this? I presume I have to mount the memory stick, copy the files to it & then unmount the stick so that another memory stick could be used for the next... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifleet2007
5 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 6. Backup & Restore from USB

Finaly got usb working on sco6. If anyone need help with that just ask. My final goal is to able to do a complete system backup/restore to/from usb. The problems I need help with 1. Can't cpio to usb device. Getting an error message device not found 2. When booted from sco6 emergency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miles556
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup disk to disk to tape question

Hi all I had started to learn how to backup disk to disk to tape method Firstly I had backup to my NAS tar czvf /MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar /home Secondly I using dd command to copy the tar to tape dd if=/MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar of=/dev/tape0 But the tape drive always hang.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Hard Disk Xenix System V

Hey all, At my work we have an installation that runs on a Xenix System V coupled with a PLC. Now I have to take a backup of the complete Hard Disk from the PC but have no idea how to manage this. Could someone help me and tell me which steps I have to take. Thanx. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideshow bob
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Broken system disk - mount a zfs backup fs

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine. I have made a script which would take snapshots of all the rpool filesystems every day and send them to a (local) hard drive. There is a zpool on that drive called backup. Now in case of a system failure, I will act according to a manual on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Backup on USB

How can i backup the whole solaris system to a usb. I have already mounted the usb: /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s2 15G 3.5G 11G 24% /dns_backup Is there a specific command to backup or do i have to manually copy all the files to the usb. I will use the backup to restore the system after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjeev_ron
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to backup ZFS filesystems to files on USB drive?

Dear Solaris 10 Experts, I need to carry out a manual backup of all zpool/zfs filesystems on a Solaris 10 x86 server in order to port it onto VM Ware hardware but don't know how to do it. Past exercises have been smooth using ufsdump & ufsrestore for small standalone servers. Below are the zfs... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
22 Replies

9. Solaris

Anyway to do ufsdump os backup to usb drives

hi folks happy new year to all, I haven't been coming round for a long time. I've been googling about this can't seem to find any good examples, I need to know if it's possible to do a ufsdump os backup into a usb flash drive. Then what about in event of os recovery when we boot to single... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
mdlogd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						mdlogd(1M)

NAME
mdlogd - Solaris Volume Manager daemon SYNOPSIS
mdlogd DESCRIPTION
mdlogd implements a simple daemon that watches the system console looking for messages written by the Solaris Volume Manger. When a Solaris Volume Manager message is detected, mdlogd sends a generic SNMP trap. To enable traps, you must configure mdlogd into the SNMP framework. See . USAGE
mdlogd implements the following SNMP MIB: SOLARIS-VOLUME-MGR-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN IMPORTS enterprises FROM RFC1155-SMI DisplayString FROM SNMPv2-TC; -- Sun Private MIB for Solaris Volume Manager sun OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 42 } sunSVM OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { sun 104 } -- this is actually just the string from /dev/log that -- matches the md: regular expressions. -- This is an interim SNMP trap generator to provide -- information until a more complete version is available. -- this definition is a formalization of the old -- Solaris DiskSuite mdlogd trap mib. svmOldTrapString OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX DisplayString (SIZE (0..255)) ACCESS read-only STATUS mandatory DESCRIPTION "This is the matched string that was obtained from /dev/log." ::= { sunSVM 1 } -- SVM Compatibility ( error trap ) svmNotice TrapTRAP-TYPE ENTERPRISE sunSVM VARIABLES { svmOldTrapString } DESCRIPTION "SVM error log trap for NOTICE. This matches 'NOTICE: md:'" ::= 1 svmWarningTrap TRAP-TYPE ENTERPRISE sunSVM VARIABLES { svmOldTrapString } DESCRIPTION "SVM error log trap for WARNING.. This matches 'WARNING: md:'" ::= 2 svmPanicTrap TRAP-TYPE ENTERPRISE sunSVM VARIABLES { svmOldTrapString } DESCRIPTION "SVM error log traps for PANIC.. This matches 'PANIC: md:'" ::= 3 END ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlvma, SUNWlvmr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
snmpdx(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 3 Jun 2004 mdlogd(1M)