Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Repeated error - "se_hdlc: clone device must be attached before use" in /var/adm/messages Post 302636405 by achenle on Monday 7th of May 2012 11:28:05 AM
Old 05-07-2012
Why do you "kind of disagree" with them?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in /var/adm/messages

I have an error in my /var/adm/messages that states: (*hostname*) inetd : fs/tcp: bind: Address already in use. It repeats it self over and over. I have looked everywhere I can think of on the net but cant find anything. HELP Please:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to delete entry in file "wtmpx"(/var/adm/wtmpx)

Do someone know how to delete entry(some lines) in file "wtmpx" that command "last" use it. this file is binary so I cannot edit directy. ========================= #last root pts/1 noc Fri Mar 3 22:04 still logged in root pts/1 noc Fri Mar 3 22:01 - 22:02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
4 Replies

3. Solaris

/var/adm/messages error

I am frequently getting following errors in /var/adm/messages. I am using solaris 8 Nov 7 16:03:03 Server Name SRS Proxy: unhandled exception: compareTimestamps format() Nov 7 16:06:57 servername sendmail: lA2MadB5007315: to=postmaster, delay=4+22:30:07, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsri01
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Error messages in /var/adm

Hi, I get this messages in my /var/adm/messages can you please tell me the reason for recieving this kind of messages and how to debug? Admin 2418029 Error: Host port combo with host . Unable to resolve name Tools 2206121 Error: ERROR.. gethostbyname() failed for errno Admin... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

separate "named daemon" message from /var/adm/messages

Hello group, How can I separate "named daemon" messages to the other file instead of /var/adm/messages. I still want all other daemons log the messages to /var/adm/messages. i.e. named => /var/adm/named.message other daemons => /var/adm/messages. I searched unix.com, and google but I still... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannytrinh
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Error in /var/adm/messages

Hi All, I m new to Solaris environment, Right now I m using Solaris 10. I get continuously following waring message in `messages` file so var partition going to full. plz help me to stop these messages. Feb 8 15:58:47 TSAS px: WARNING: px1: spurious interrupt from ino... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas898
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

/var/log/messages error "kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen"

Hi, I am seeing the following errors in my environment, not sure why is it happening, any ideas? Thanks. kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x73746174 (non-terminal ) Dec 17 02:14:48 kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x63480000 (large) Dec 17 02:14:48 kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x633f0000 (large) Dec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarlinux
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Drive is showing offline in the /var/adm/messages and shows "drive type unknown" in the format outpu

Hi, I am facing issue with one of the drive is solaris 10. it is showing offline in the messages file scsi: WARNING: /pci@2,600000/QLGC,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w5006016746e00b1b,0 (ssd0): drive offline genunix: WARNING: Page83 data not standards compliant DGC LUNZ 0430 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prasanth T K
1 Replies
J0(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						     J0(3)

NAME
j0, j1, jn, y0, y1, yn -- bessel functions of first and second kind SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double j0(double x); double j1(double x); double jn(int n, double x); double y0(double x); double y1(double x); double yn(int n, double x); DESCRIPTION
The functions j0(x) and j1(x) compute the Bessel function of the first kind of the order 0 and the order 1, respectively; the function jn(n, x) computes the Bessel function of the first kind of the integer order n. The functions y0(x) and y1(x) compute the linearly independent Bessel function of the second kind of the order 0 and the order 1, respec- tively, for the positive integer value x (expressed as a double); the function yn(n, x) computes the Bessel function of the second kind for the integer order n for the positive integer value x (expressed as a double). SPECIAL VALUES
j0(0) returns 1. j0(+-infinity) returns 0. j0(NaN) returns a NaN. j1(0) returns 0. j1(+infinity) returns 0. j1(NaN) returns a NaN. y0(0) , y1(0) , and yn(n, 0) all return -infinity and raise the "division-by-zero" floating-point flag. 4th Berkeley Distribution July 24, 2003 4th Berkeley Distribution