Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Segmentation fault gdb
Top Forums Programming Segmentation fault gdb Post 302636377 by Corona688 on Monday 7th of May 2012 10:53:54 AM
Old 05-07-2012
We cannot possibly say without seeing your code. Segmentation fault tells us nothing at all about why it did so.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

2. Programming

segmentation fault

ive written my code in C for implementation of a simple lexical analyser using singly linked list hence am making use of dynamic allocation,but when run in linux it gives a segmentation fault is it cause of the malloc function that ive made use of????any suggestions as to what i could do??? thank... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockgal
8 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault.

This code is causing a segmentation fault and I can't figure out why. I'm new to UNIX and I need to learn how to avoid this segmentation fault thing. Thank you so much. Thanks also for the great answers to my last post.:):b: int main() { mysqlpp::Connection conn(false); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
3 Replies

4. Programming

Segmentation fault in C

i have this code int already_there(char *client_names, char *username) { int i; for(i = 0; i<NUM; i++) { printf("HERE\n"); if (strcmp(client_names, username)==0) return(1); } return(0); } and i get a segmentation fault, whats wrong here? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

segmentation fault with ps

What does this mean and why is this happening? $ ps -ef | grep ocular Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ ps -ef | grep ocular Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ ps aux | grep ocular Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ ps Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ pkill okular $ ps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault

#include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<stdlib.h> void *start_1(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); pthread_exit((void*)1); } void *start_2(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); return (void*)2; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincent__tse
2 Replies

7. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Segmentation fault

Hi Guys, I just installed and booted a zone called testzone. When I logged in remotely and tried changing to root user I get this error: "Segmentation fault" Can someone please help me resolve this? Thanks alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gdb to detect segmentation fault in sh?

I am using scientific linux. In the directory user/project/Build, after I ran 'make' to compile and link all the cpp files,I had no problems. But then, when I went to directory user/run/run.sh, which runs the project binary in user/project/Build/bin/project, I get a segmentation fault error. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry burns
1 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
scds_pmf_restart_fm(3HA)				 Sun Cluster HA and Data Services				  scds_pmf_restart_fm(3HA)

NAME
scds_pmf_restart_fm - restart fault monitor using PMF SYNOPSIS
cc [flags...] -I /usr/cluster/include file -L /usr/cluster/lib -l dsdev #include <rgm/libdsdev.h> scha_err_t scds_pmf_restart_fm(scds_handle_t handle, int instance DESCRIPTION
The scds_pmf_restart_fm() function sends a SIGKILL signal to the fault monitor process tree to kill the fault monitor and then uses PMF to restart it. This function uses the MONITOR_STOP_TIMEOUT property as its timeout value. That is, scds_pmf_restart_fm() waits at most the value of the MONITOR_STOP_TIMEOUT property for the process tree to die. If the MONITOR_STOP_TIMEOUT property is not explicitly set in the RTR file, the default timeout value is used. One way to use this function is to call it in an UPDATE method to restart the monitor, possibly with new parameters. PARAMETERS
The following parameters are supported: handle The handle returned from scds_initialize() instance For resources with multiple instances of the fault monitor, this integer, starting at 0, uniquely identifies the fault monitor instance. For single instance fault monitors, use 0. RETURN VALUES
The scds_pmf_restart_fm() function returns the following: 0 The function succeeded. non-zero The function failed. ERRORS
SCHA_ERR_NOERR Function succeeded See scha_calls(3HA) for a description of other error codes. FILES
/usr/cluster/include/rgm/libdsdev.h Include file /usr/cluster/lib/libdsdev.so Library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pmfadm(1M), scha_calls(3HA), signal(3HEAD), attributes(5) , r_properties(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 7 Sep 2007 scds_pmf_restart_fm(3HA)