Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace [|] in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace [|] in perl Post 302636363 by ahmad.diab on Monday 7th of May 2012 10:37:00 AM
Old 05-07-2012
using Python32:-

Code:
import re

fin = open('newfile.txt','r')
fout = open('file_out.txt','w+')
for line in fin:
	print(line.replace(r'[|]','|').replace(r'{|}','\n'),file=fout)

fin.close()
fout.close()

o/p:
Code:
22533978|06-Dec-11 03.04.14.000000 PM|99999|01-May-12 03.28.21.000000 PM|22|2212

29055978|03-Jan-12 01.24.24.000000 AM|Bank_CreateCustomerDET|01-May-12 11.14.53.000000 AM|23|2382

BR
SmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Perl Module name in all Perl scripts

I want to replace a Perl module name in all my Perl Scripts in the cgi-bin directory. How is it possible? I have the following statement in my scripts use myUtil; I want to change it to use myUtil777; Regards, Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in Perl

Hello, I have a Perl script that reads in an Excel spread sheet and formats the values into a text file. I am having trouble with one column that can have numbers or letters. Excel left justifies the values that start with a letter and right justifies the values that contain only a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace string in perl?

Hi, I have string like this: $query="#1,apple"; $string=$query; I want to replace #1 with fruit. I tried like this: string=~s/#\d+/$query/ig; print "\n string: $string\n"; It is working only when there is single #1 or #2 but when i give like #1,#2,#3,apple the above code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a value in a file in perl?

Hi, I have a file with the following contents and i want to replace that value in a file with some other value. #file.txt /local/Disk/data n 192.168.55.98 52035 3 1 2 1 1 192.168.55.98 Here is my code. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace in Perl

I am trying to write a simple perl script to run on a FreeBSD machine. There are alot of posts here, and I have read so many, yet can not get this script to run. #!/usr/bin/perl -e 's/\r\n/~/' infile.txt outfile.txt I am trying to take a windows text file, move it into Unix, run a script on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mach1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - replace value

Hello, I am trying to change a value in a param file, with the Run time variable in .sh scripts using perl command , ========================================== Param file $$ID=<0> $$Country=<Country> ========================================== in the .sh script val=33 I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanks
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a particular character in perl

Hi, I have a file with two string : aa_bb_cc_def gg_hh_jj_xyz now i want a command in perl script, which gives me the result as : aa_bb_cc.def gg_hh_jj.xyz Can anyone help me on this plz.. thanks in advane. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How replace -- character in perl

Hi All, I am having below issue could anybody help me. $x= SELECT * FROM EMP --xyz this change is done in q2; I want delete the charchters from -- to till the end. I want $x to be $x= SELECT * FROM EMP; Thanks, Vijay G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvk25
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl value lookup and replace

Hi, I have an input file and a config file which I need to lookup values in using Perl: Input file: ID, Value COMP0,0 COMP1,1 COMP2,2 COMP3,3 COMP4,3 COMP5,5Config file: ID, Operation COMP0,((@COMP1@ + @COMP2@ + @COMP3@) / @COMP4@) + @COMP5@Expected output: ID, Value COMP0,7 # This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace (perl)

How can I achieve this? Perl would be awesome. Input string a_b c //Note there is a blank here Needed Output a_b_c Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
4 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)