Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What's wrong with the following command? Post 302636279 by jim mcnamara on Monday 7th of May 2012 08:50:52 AM
Old 05-07-2012
Ok. What UNIX OS are you on? As a starting guess I would think your directory metadata is corrupted. There are other possibilities.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with the mv command

I am sorry guys I have figured out the error myself. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is anything wrong with this command

Hi All, can anyone tell me what is wrong with this command. tail -f /opt/olr-logs/PaymentGateway.log | grep "DEBUG - Start! AkhtarPaymentGateway - generateChecksum" | awk '{print $13}' | sed 's/,//g'>> abc But I found nothing in the file abc Please do help me.or Provide me some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr command giving wrong output

Hi All, i have a file which have many fields delimited by ,(comma) now i have to show only few fields and not all. the sample text file looks like this: TYPE=SERVICEEVENT, TIMESTAMP=05/06/2009 11:01:40 PM, HOST=sppwa634, APPLICATION=ASComp, FUNCTION=LimitsService, SOU... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what is wrong with this find command

i am trying to find the files which are more than 100MB and it was created 10 days ago. find /lola/loaded -size +102400 -mtime -10 -print | xargs ls -ltr -rw-rw-r-- 1 lola_adm gdrmp 82054170 Jun 23 06:17 /lola/loaded/ILMEMBER20090622.txt -rw-rw-r-- 1 lola_adm gdrmp 652080494 Jun 24... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this command?

Hello, I try to using the below command to find out all the datafiles under "sja" direcotory. $ xargs -i find {} -type f -ls < sja /bin/ksh: sja: cannot open so can you tell me what is wrong? Thanks Jerry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreatJerry
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

getting wrong output with AWK command!!!

i have a file which gets appended with 9 records daily and the file keeps growing from then...i use to store the previous day files count in a variable called oldfilecount and current files count as newfilecount.my requirement is that i need to start processing only the new records from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output in find command

Hi guys - I am trying a small script to tell me if there is a file that exists less than 1k. It should report ERROR, otherwise the check is good. I wrote this script down, however it never runs in the if/then statement. It always returns the echo ERROR. MYSIZE=$(find /home/student/dir1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

8. AIX

Command last displays wrong hostname

I faced an interesting problem on my AIX servers. When I checked last logins with command last I saw that hostnames are wrong. Let say, I made login from workstation xxxxx and with the command last I saw: root pts/2 yyyyy 5 jan 15:38 still logged in Ping xxxxx and ping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovanni
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Last command displays wrong information

Hi am having Solaris10 - Sun-Fire-V890 server, the information displayed by Last command is wrong how do i get this sorted without loosing any datas.. # uptime 12:32am up 20 day(s), 33 min(s), 1 user, load average: 1.54, 1.82, 1.93 # last reboot reboot system boot Sat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my awk command?

The below code usually works when the value for the COLUMN variable is numerical. but im in a situation where the number of fields in a file is not definitive. it changes. but what is static is that the value i want to retrieve from the log is 3 fields from the last field. which is what i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies
PVCK(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PVCK(8)

NAME
pvck - check physical volume metadata SYNOPSIS
pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector sector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. --labelsector sector By default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0. This parameter allows you to specify a different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations. For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted or lost on /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MiB. This area of the disk may be scanned by using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800): pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.105(2)-RHEL7 (2014-03-26) PVCK(8)