Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delimit the out of wc -l command. Post 302636029 by Scrutinizer on Monday 7th of May 2012 02:14:13 AM
Old 05-07-2012
@itka, what if there is a file with "total" in the name somewhere? That does not seem hypothetical, whereas the wc "total" line is always the last line...
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delimit a flat file with records with SED

Hi gurus, hoping someone can help with a sed line that can do the following... I have a flat file with about 1000 records, but in order to import into openoffice spreadsheet, I need to create a delimited file. I'd like to do 2 things with the SED command: 1- add a pipe character "|" at the end... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogCor
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat or cut to delimit csv?

Hi, Im a pretty large noob to linux/perl etc and im trying to use mysql slurp to take a delimited file and import it into mysql using stdin (in the hope its faster) mysqlslurp - slurp <STDIN> into a MySQL table - search.cpan.org Christopher Brown / MySQL-Slurp - search.cpan.org Using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtony
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to delimit a colon

I want to know how to delimit a colon in a file name while scp ing from one host to other host. I used forward slash(\) but that is not working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delimit the Folder Size come under Webapps dir

Hi all, Great thanks to all for support till today..today i came here for 1 new issue :-( in our organization we are developing a job portal web application for a client. using Apache-tomcat we are hosting this application, now i need to delimit the applications directory comer under the webapps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to delimit size of strings

Hello, I have a huge file of over 2,00,00,00 strings in UTF8 format. I have managed to write a script in Perl which sorts them neatly as per their Unicode ranges. However I am now stuck with a script which will pipe out all strings between 3 and 20 letters/characters. I am not very good at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove space and delimit a csv file?

Hi All , I am facing a small challenge i need unix command to remove space as well as replace "|" to "," in a csv file . original file : A | B | c | D E | F | G | H I | J | K | L P | M | N | O Expected o/p: A,B,c,D E,F,G,H I,J,K,L P,M,N,O (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sweety532
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimit file based on character length using awk

Hi, I need help with one problem, I came across recently. I have one input file which I need to delimit based on character length. $ cat Input.txt 12345sda231453 asd760kjol62569 sdasw4g76gdf57 And, There is one comma separated file which mentions "start of the field" and "length... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delimit the fields of a input file which has special characters?

Hi All, I am a newbie to Shell scripting. I have a requirement to Delimit the file fields of a Input file having special characters and spaces with ";". Input File ---------------------------------- Server Port ---------------------------------- Local ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suganbabu
5 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD