Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Assigning Domain Server Breaks rlogin Post 302635991 by bakunin on Monday 7th of May 2012 12:34:31 AM
Old 05-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by herot
I can give the test box a dns server and it can access the internet just fine. However, when I do so, rlogin (previously works fine) stops working.
I suppose you have DNS in your local network and this contradicts with the DNS database in the internet. Remove this contradiction and it should work.

Just as an aside: you might want to reconsider using rlogin (along with telnet, ftp and other non-securified protocols) because of its lacking security. Use ssh (sftp/scp) instead.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DCHP server assigning a wrong Address

Pls could you help me diagnose my problem. I have a system which is a DHCP server and also the Remote Access Server. The DHCP server allocate normal address within the scope range to the LAN system. why it allocates abitrary number such as 169.254.217.90 255.255.0.0 class B address to the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

block certain domain from sending mail to server

hi currently i have a server that is able to send out and receive mail. is there a way to configure the server such that mails can be sent to a certain domail like abc@yahoo.com but block mails from this domain abc@yahoo.com. the server is running on solaris 10. thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail server in home network and without domain name

Hi peeps, I want to learn how to configure mail servers, I am in private network, I am running debian 4.0, practically I have tried courier-mta, courier-imap, postfix, and sendmail. sometimes I am able to send mail and not able to connect to my imap server which is localhost, sometimes I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squid04
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

domain linux server, open ports?

Hi all - i currently run a domain strifex.net. This domain has a dedicated IP address and in having that, should be able to run a ventrilo VoIP server from it. I uploaded all the needed files etc... and am able to connect to it, if and only if i enable DMZ to my local machine - then i am able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccfc1986
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Assigning two hostname to single server

Hi All, Is there any option where in I can assign the two hostname to single system. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Assigning cryptographic resources to the control domain

Sun documentation suggests that we need to assign cryptographic resources to the control domain as part of the initial configuration. I searched the documentation to better understand the purpose of this and know recommendation/limitation. I am doing this for Netra T5220 and wondering if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Domain name server installation issue in centOS

HI All, I am trying to setup DNS on my centOS server. I am using bind software to setup DNS. The following errors have getting. ================================================== Error in named configuration: zone localdomain/IN: loaded serial 42 zone localhost/IN: loaded serial 42... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpconnect
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining the Linux server to a Windows AD domain

Hi , I have a domain contoso.com, which is created by Windows AD, i have a linux server which i want to join to this domain. Linux server-: RHEL 5.3 ******Info of the windows domain************* AD server- Windows 2008 r2 server. Please help me to join this linux server to the windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shroh
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 server as Primary Domain Controller

Hi, All of our servers run Solaris (currently 10, but looking to upgrade to 11). In each of our offices we have a server configured as a Primary Domain Controller via Samba to provide naming services to our Windoze users. I would like to continue with that arrangement, but I would also like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgkorb
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page breaks and line breaks

Hi All, Need an urgent solution to an issue . We have created a ksh file or shell script which generates 1 DAT file. the DAT file contains extract of a select statement . Now the issue is , when we are executing the ksh file , the output is coimng with page breaks and line breaks . We have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaskant
4 Replies
RLOGIN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RLOGIN(1)

NAME
rlogin -- remote login SYNOPSIS
rlogin [-468DEd] [-e char] [-i localname] [-l username] [username@]host DESCRIPTION
The rlogin utility starts a terminal session on a remote host host. The standard Berkeley rhosts authorization mechanism is used. The following options are available: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -8 Allow an eight-bit input data path at all times; otherwise parity bits are stripped except when the remote side's stop and start char- acters are other than ^S/^Q. -D Set the TCP_NODELAY socket option which can improve interactive response at the expense of increased network load. -E Stop any character from being recognized as an escape character. When used with the -8 option, this provides a completely transparent connection. -d Turn on socket debugging (see setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -e Allow user specification of the escape character, which is ``~'' by default. This specification may be as a literal character, or as an octal value in the form nn. -i Allow the caller to specify a different local name to be used for authentication. This option is restricted to processes with uid 0. -l Specify a different username for the remote login. If this option is not specified, your local username will be used. A line of the form ``<escape char>.'' disconnects from the remote host. Similarly, the line ``<escape char>^Z'' will suspend the rlogin ses- sion, and ``<escape char><delayed-suspend char>'' suspends the send portion of the rlogin session, but allows output from the remote system. By default, the tilde (``~'') character is the escape character, and normally control-Y (``^Y'') is the delayed-suspend character. All echoing takes place at the remote site, so that (except for delays) the rlogin is transparent. Flow control via ^S/^Q and flushing of input and output on interrupts are handled properly. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by rlogin: TERM Determines the user's terminal type. FILES
/etc/hosts /etc/hosts.equiv $HOME/.rhosts SEE ALSO
login(1), rsh(1), telnet(1), setsockopt(2), ruserok(3), tty(4), hosts(5), hosts.equiv(5), rlogind(8), rshd(8) HISTORY
The rlogin command appeared in 4.2BSD. IPv6 support was added by WIDE/KAME project. BUGS
The rlogin utility will be replaced by telnet(1) in the near future. More of the environment should be propagated. BSD
September 26, 2003 BSD