Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basename in subshell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Basename in subshell Post 302635881 by new_item on Sunday 6th of May 2012 02:39:05 PM
Old 05-06-2012
It may look strange, but I believe that everything works Smilie

Code:
find . -type f -print | awk -F'/' '{print "grep -H \"" $NF "\" \"" $0 "\""}'  | bash | cut -f1 -d:

Corona688: thank you for tip about awk.

Last edited by new_item; 05-06-2012 at 03:49 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subshell Question

The profile of the user is empty. Then before I run the script I want I run a parameter file that populates the variables for oracle. ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_SID PATH etc ... But it seems that these variables are not making it to the shell I am in because when I do an echo on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

basename $0

hi, can anyone help me by saying what is basename.. i have seen this in many programs where the basename is used.... thanks, Krips (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basename

Hi, can anyone let me know how to interpret the below third line in the following code. Gone through the man pages of "basename", but no go. for f in *.foo; do base=`basename $f .foo` mv $f $base.bar done Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a subshell

I am calling a script from with another script and reading its output one line at a time (using <childscript> | while read line) in the parent script. If the output exceeds a predefined number of lines I want to kill the child shell from within the parent shell. I decided to print the process ID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts in a subshell

Hello, I've a little problem with one of my ksh scripts and I manage to narrow it to the script here: #!/bin/ksh writeLog() { paramHandle="unknown" OPTIND=1 while getopts :i: option $* do case $option in i) paramHandle=${OPTARG} ;; esac done echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dahu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

$(basename $0)

what is the meaning of "script_name=$(basename $0)", can someone please explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi200389
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop subshell problem

People, Here is my code while read ln do xyz=$(echo $ln/$val1*100-100|bc -l|xargs printf "%1.0f\n") if && ; then iam="YELLOW" fi done <<< "$(grep "^" $TMPOUT)" where $TMPOUT is a flat file which contains a set of values. Whilst executing the above, I get an error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts in the subshell of ksh

Hi, the getopts doesnt seem to be working in the subshell of the ksh. when I echo $@ and $* from the subshell it shows nothing. even when I am capturing the parameters from the outer shell and passing while invoking the file then I am still not getting it properly. the below code is in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a command in subshell

Hi All, I am trying to create a shell script which runs on my linux machine. The requirement is so that, ade createview xyz -> this steps creates a view ade useview xyz -> we are entering inside the view ade begintrans -> begin a transaction My script has following code : lets say... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dish
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How will these subshell commands behave?

Hello, I am firing off some scripts from a main script, cd B/ ./EV_B_m0-m200_hex1.sh & ./EV_B_m0-m200_hex2.sh & wait ...more It would be useful to put a bit of time between the two to clean up the output to the terminal. I think this would work, cd B/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)