Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing parameters to the script Post 302635877 by knip on Sunday 6th of May 2012 02:26:22 PM
Old 05-06-2012
Thanks For Clue,sorted it outSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing parameters in script

I have 2 scripts: script1 and script2 Script1 passes 4 parameters to script2 as follows #script1 code ... ... script2 $var1 $var2 $var3 $var4 Script2 uses the export command to know to expect these values #script2 export $1 $2 $3 $4 code ... ... The problem that I am having is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

3. Programming

Passing Parameters and getting values back from a c program to Shell script

I am having a shell script which has to be called from a C program. I have to pass two parameters to this script. HOw can I do that? eg: int main() { char st1; char str2; // call a shell script call_sh(str1,str2) where call_sh is the name of the shell script. then i need to get the return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random parameters passing in FTP script

Hi I have a question. In the FTP script if we are passing all the required value like Hostname, username, password, Action(put or get), Filename, & mode(ascii or binary) through parameters then we have to pass these in the exact orders in which they are taken like if we defined Username=$2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sourabhshakya
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to Shell script for GREP command

I am using grep to capture date from a file . Since i need to use the shell script for different dates ,is it possible to pass the date parameter to the shell script the Script is as below grep -E "08 Aug 2008|2008-08-08"* somefile.txt>test.txt The above script file greps the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sud.tech
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Passing Parameters For Directory Listing

i have this basic piece of code that i am trying to debug to accept input parameter to be able to display a directory listing of files. cd /u02/app/eatv/dev/out CURDIR=`pwd` echo directory listing of $CURDIR echo if ; then ls -latr else ls -latr $1 fi basically if the script... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a script to a datastage job

We have a requirement as follows. We have created a datastage job that will be doing the select operation from table (select query from a table). The datastage job is being invoked by a unix shell script(ksh). We are passing the "table name (STUD_DETAILS)" and a "where clause condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to bash script function (or subroutine)

I've found a few posts regarding passing parameters to a function or subroutine, but for some reason when I try to run a command based on part with these parameters it's not working. If I have the function echo the parameters they show correctly so I believe they are being passed right but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: withanh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command line parameters into script

Not a good post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start com- mand. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)