Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed cut characters of string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed cut characters of string Post 302635855 by vlm on Sunday 6th of May 2012 12:36:16 PM
Old 05-06-2012
nice solution!
thanks a lot!Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

CUT command - cutting characters from end of string

Hello, I need to delete the final few characters from a parameter leaving just the first few. However, the characters which need to remain will not always be a string of the same length. For instance, the parameter will be passed as BN_HSBC_NTRS/hub_mth_ifce.sf. I only need the bit before the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWilliams
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut string with wildcard (sed)

i got text file and contain.... SKYPE Dec 11 09:26:05 IN=eth0 OUT=eth1 SRC=75.38.161.80 DST=192.168.1.56 PROTO=UDP SPT=30645 DPT=12630 LEN=66 SKYPE Dec 11 09:26:05 IN=eth1 OUT=eth0 SRC=192.168.1.56 DST=118.109.39.86 PROTO=UDP SPT=12630 DPT=15889 LEN=75 SKYPE Dec 11 09:26:05 IN=eth1 OUT=eth0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slackman
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut on last backslash on hyperlink string-sed/awk??

hyper link- abc:8081/xyz/2.5.6/rtyp-2.5.6.jar Needs to get "rtyp-2.5.6.jar" i.e character after last backslash "/" how to do this using sed/awk?? help is highly appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkscm
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help delete characters in a string

Hi Please help me to refine my syntax. I want to delete the excess characters from the out put below. -bash-3.00$ top -b -n2 -d 00.20 |grep Cpu|tail -1 | awk -F ":" '{ print $2 }' | cut -d, -f1 4.4% us now i want to delete the % and us. How wil i do that to make it just 4.4. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redtred
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed command - find a string between two characters

Hi, I have a xml file (Config.xml) <Header name="" TDate="" PDate=""> <Config> {"config" { "Nation" "Pri:|Sec:"}} </Config> </Header> Now I wanted to printed all the strings between "". I tried the following cat Config.xml | sed -n 's/.*\.*//p' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed! - Cut characters after a text string and append to end of filename

Hi all.. I have several unique files that contain one thing in common, and that is acct#. For all files in the directory, I want to append the 10 characters following the word "ACCOUNT:" to the end of the filename. for example: I have file 111_123 that contains ACCOUNT:ABC1234567 The file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cinderella1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut a string for last 8 characters

Hello All I have a file like this abc.tpt.ctl bdc.tpt.ctl cdw.tpt.ctl I have looped every line using the for Loop, now I want to take each line and cut the .tpt.ctl part of it and store it in a variable and use the variable in same loop. The part I am stuck at is how do I cut the last... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut wildcard characters from a string

Hello All, I have to write a shell logic inside my ANT Script , the data from my ANT is in the string like string a = "test1.props,test2.props,*,test3.props,?,test4,props" how do i remove this wild card characters from my string a and assign them to an other string , like i only want to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raokl
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace nth characters with string

Hi, I hope you can help me out please? I need to replace from character 8-16 with AAAAAAAA and the rest should stay the same after character 16 gtwrhtrd11111111rjytwyejtyjejetjyetgeaEHT wrehrhw22222222hytekutkyukrylryilruilrGEQTH hrwjyety33333333gtrhwrjrgkreglqeriugn;RUGNEURGU ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting characters after a given string and reporting the characters in the row below --sed

I have this fastq file: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGGGGGGGGGGGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCA +test-1 GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGFF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies
NICE(2) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   NICE(2)

NAME
nice - change process priority SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int nice(int inc); DESCRIPTION
nice adds inc to the nice value for the calling pid. (A large nice value means a low priority.) Only the superuser may specify a negative increment, or priority increase. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EPERM A non-super user attempts to do a priority increase by supplying a negative inc. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, SVID EXT, AT&T, X/OPEN, BSD 4.3. However, the Linux and glibc (earlier than glibc 2.2.4) return value is nonstandard, see below. SVr4 documents an additional EINVAL error code. NOTES
Note that the routine is documented in SUSv2 to return the new nice value, while the Linux syscall and (g)libc (earlier than glibc 2.2.4) routines return 0 on success. The new nice value can be found using getpriority(2). Note that an implementation in which nice returns the new nice value can legitimately return -1. To reliably detect an error, set errno to 0 before the call, and check its value when nice returns -1. SEE ALSO
nice(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2), fork(2), renice(8) Linux 2001-06-04 NICE(2)