Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How does a shell script recognize the end of a line? Post 302635825 by neelmani on Sunday 6th of May 2012 11:15:46 AM
Old 05-06-2012
thanks AGAMA fro your reply .. but i want to ignore those commnet also which starts in the middle of a line.. for example::

select * from table1; -- getting all columns of a table1

here i want to ignore the above commnets also i.e "-- getting all columns of a table1
"

thanks in advance Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script cant recognize if else compare

hi I face the problem the if else statement dint return correct result for me my script as below: #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF connect databaseuser/password column num new_value num format 9999 set head off select count(*) num from table1; exit num EOF if ; then echo "$?"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaseloh
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

End of Line in Shell Scripting

I have a file containing records seperated by delimiter '|'.A record is contained on 2 or 3 lines. Now I need a shell script which could write all records with in two '|' character in one line.....for example..... |R1........................R1 R1..........................R1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 33junaid
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add a line at the end of a file using shell scripting

Hi All , I am new to shell scripting. i have a shell script(which is executed as a super user) , i want to it to do one more job for me. ie mounting a directory over other using lofs . i have done it manually using 1) using mount command mount -F lofs /export/home/dju /dju 2)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet123321
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script: moving end of line character

Hello. I have a file (old.txt) that I need to copy into another file (new.txt). Each line on old.txt ends with CR/LF but the position of CR/LF varies from one record to another. I need to copy each line of record to new.txt and move CR/LF in pos 165. Can I use awk to achieve this? How?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: udelalv
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sybase shell line 19: unexpected end of file

Hi, As i am new to this forum i dont really know where to place this doubt i am facing ,Please consider this In this code i am connecting two time to two different server / database and getting the .sql file where am i going wrong please guide..... me. thanks a lot if ; then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle_coorgi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with shell script to append to the end of a specific line in a file on multiple servers

Hi Folks, I was given a task to append three IP's at the end of a specific (and unique) line within a file on multiple servers. I was not able to do that with the help of a script. All I could was: for i in server1 server2 server3 server4 do ssh $i done I know 'sed' could be used to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

my shell now adds extra space at end of each line!

Hi, Since today, with csh or tcsh, if I do 'ls files* > list', every lines end with an extra space! What happenned? What can I do to go back when there was no extra space? If I change to bash, there's no extra space. Thanks, Patrick ---------- Post updated at 03:19 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trogne
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check line end not ending with comma

I have several line in a text file. for example I like apple; I like apple I like orange; Output: I like apple I try to useif grep -q "!\;$"; then (Not work) Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, and code segments (as required by forum rules). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmdcmd
1 Replies
RELEASE 
SAVEPOINT(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation RELEASE SAVEPOINT(7) NAME
RELEASE_SAVEPOINT - destroy a previously defined savepoint SYNOPSIS
RELEASE [ SAVEPOINT ] savepoint_name DESCRIPTION
RELEASE SAVEPOINT destroys a savepoint previously defined in the current transaction. Destroying a savepoint makes it unavailable as a rollback point, but it has no other user visible behavior. It does not undo the effects of commands executed after the savepoint was established. (To do that, see ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT (ROLLBACK_TO_SAVEPOINT(7)).) Destroying a savepoint when it is no longer needed allows the system to reclaim some resources earlier than transaction end. RELEASE SAVEPOINT also destroys all savepoints that were established after the named savepoint was established. PARAMETERS
savepoint_name The name of the savepoint to destroy. NOTES
Specifying a savepoint name that was not previously defined is an error. It is not possible to release a savepoint when the transaction is in an aborted state. If multiple savepoints have the same name, only the one that was most recently defined is released. EXAMPLES
To establish and later destroy a savepoint: BEGIN; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (3); SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (4); RELEASE SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; COMMIT; The above transaction will insert both 3 and 4. COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the SQL standard. The standard specifies that the key word SAVEPOINT is mandatory, but PostgreSQL allows it to be omitted. SEE ALSO
BEGIN(7), COMMIT(7), ROLLBACK(7), ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT (ROLLBACK_TO_SAVEPOINT(7)), SAVEPOINT(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 RELEASE SAVEPOINT(7)