Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DISK SPACE in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting DISK SPACE in UNIX Post 302635691 by balajesuri on Saturday 5th of May 2012 09:49:07 PM
Old 05-05-2012
A primitive script. This will check if total disk space used is >= 90% once in every 10s and if so, an email will be sent. It'll run in an infinite loop until you kill it.

Code:
#! /bin/bash

while [ 1 ]
do
    total=$(df -k --total | awk 'END{sub (/%$/,"",$5); print $5}')
    if [ $total -ge 90 ]
        echo "Message" | mailx -s "Alert Subject" user@email.com
    fi
    sleep 10
done

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

available disk space on disk device???

Hello, Can someone please tell me which command to use to determine the available disk space on a given disk device? I have to write a shell script that compresses files and stores them in a specific location but I am not sure how "conservative" I should be? Thanks in advance! Al. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk space?

I'm a Unix newbie running Solaris 9. After installing a fresh copy on a 40GB drive I noticed the available disk space is 2% free or approximately 200MB available. Is that possible? Did I do something wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix - Disk Space

Hi, I am using SCO Unix 3.12 and Informix database. When we tried to use "du -a" command to check disk space, it showed: 342122 ./usr 30092 ./etc 6244 ./dev 4778 ./bin 2674 ./tcb 1234 ./lost+found 698 ./lib 532 ./shlib 46 ./tmp 6 ./messages 4 ./opt 4 ./var 2 ./mnt 2 ./install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trinhnguyen
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

disk space

Hi experts i am new in unix and informix and would like to ask 2 questions 1) my server shows when using df -k fs 1024-block used available /usr 10079072 3668670 6381144 does this mean i have 10GB, and used up 3.7GB and available 6.3GB ??? is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Disk Space

Hi Experts. I had 100% disk full , even though i have removed 2 GB space still dbf command shows 100%. How to rectify that. Appreciate your prompt help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: test10002
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space details from Unix to Outlook

Hi Friends, I am using sun Solaris . I want to find the disk space (df -k) for the Unix box and the data has to be sent to an email id. Can u please find me a code that checks the disk space 6 times a day, loads the data into an excel sheet and sends to an email id. Can u also tell me how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridharnr
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk space and RAM status in UNIX

I have an application which is running under AIX, HP UNIX, SCO, and LINUX(redhat and SuSE). and its dealing with some bulk amount of file handling, and some of my boxes are not very good in terms of resources like memory and disk space. so i wanted to know the statistics of each of my boxes. Like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: renjithram
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

disk space

Hello All- Am new member to this forum. Have some unix experience. But true believer in it compared to windows. Have a question regarding the disk space. I know a command to check the total disk space utilization using: df -k . but what is the command to check the same disk space by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: milkyway
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

disk space

when i check /export directory of my machine gets filled up (85%) i removed some old logs. but after cleaning df -k command still shows that /export is still 85% full. Is there a way to force df to reflect actual free space without rebooting? My machine is a production one and can't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
8 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)