Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with top command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with top command Post 302635683 by hexram on Saturday 5th of May 2012 08:09:24 PM
Old 05-05-2012
Program top comes with a manual; you can read the manual of program top by issuing

man top

after the prompt. In the manual you can find

2b. SELECTING and ORDERING Columns

in which you are instructed to press 'f' (Fields select) or 'o' (Order fields) and then you will be shown a screen containing the current fields string followed by names and descriptions for all fields.

The last paragraph I have just posted comes literally from the manual.
This User Gave Thanks to hexram For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command --> top

I understand the numbers displayed in variable "load average". My question: what are the correct/ideal numbers? Sometimes, I got less than 1. Others, above 6. Also, what HW/SW should I tune in order to have the ideal numbers? Thank you ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgromerog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top command

hi guys, i am having a dual cpu xeon machine. i came to know that i can view the performance by giving top command. but top command shows only the usage of one cpu in percentage while the process are using more than 100% usage in the list . can i know separately the usage of cpus. can you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bijuhpd
5 Replies

3. SCO

HP-UX top command

Is there a command in SCO Unix that does the same as the top command in HPUX. The command displays the jobs using the most system resources. Thanks You (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joestrosser
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top command

Hey, Using one single line of command i am trying to show the CPU usage for 4 processors and then filter it out and write it to a text file. Everything seams ok except that i am not able to switch from having the top command show me all CPU processes seperate opposed to showing me the average of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgesaa
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hey, Using one single line of command i am trying to show the CPU usage for 4 processors and then filter it out and write it to a text file. Everything seams ok except that i am not able to switch from having the top command show me all CPU processes seperate opposed to showing me the average of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgesaa
8 Replies

6. Solaris

top command

Hi, How to install software package top in solaris, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hi , can some one please assist me in using top command im facing following after using top: # top -hv UX:sh (top): ERROR: top: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected # top -p UX:sh (top): ERROR: top: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
3 Replies

8. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hi All, i am using the below command and once get the output and i need to keep the first batch only.in this case how to do this one. please help me on thistop -b -n 5 >top.txt Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
3 Replies
CLUSTALW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CLUSTALW(1)

NAME
clustalw - a multiple sequence alignment program SYNOPSIS
clustalw [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the clustalx command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has other documentation; see below. clustalx is a windows interface for the ClustalW multiple sequence alignment program. It provides an integrated environment for performing multiple sequence and profile alignments and analysing the results. The sequence alignment is displayed in a window on the screen. A versa- tile coloring scheme has been incorporated allowing you to highlight conserved features in the alignment. The pull-down menus at the top of the window allow you to select all the options required for traditional multiple sequence and profile alignment. You can cut-and-paste sequences to change the order of the alignment; you can select a subset of sequences to be aligned; you can select a sub-range of the alignment to be realigned and inserted back into the original alignment. Alignment quality analysis can be performed and low-scoring segments or exceptional residues can be highlighted. SEE ALSO
Files in /usr/share/doc/clustalx contain a lot of details. The Web page <http://www.clustal.org/> is also helpful. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Manual for clustalw 2003 July 1 CLUSTALW(1)