Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users "Walk" apache installs and do a tar on them... Post 302635677 by Habitual on Saturday 5th of May 2012 07:16:32 PM
Old 05-05-2012
Thanks migurus:
I re-thought the process and got a solution for CentOS
Code:
### Set/force "uniqueness" of tar archive in a general way
TARDATE=$(date '+%m-%d-%Y.%s')

### Set the Apache conf and conf.d directories and 
### IGNORE all Apache installed defaults ("home|ScriptAlias|#|doc|error|icons|javascript") from .conf files
APACHEPROGBASE=$(grep -h "Alias /" /etc/httpd/conf.d /etc/httpd/conf/ -R  | egrep -v "home|ScriptAlias|#|doc|error|icons|javascript" | awk '{print $2 " "$3}')

### Get the APACHE PROgram NAMEs to be used in the tar operation
APACHEPROGNAME=$(echo "$APACHEPROGBASE" | awk '{print $1}' | sed -e 's/\///g')

### Get the APACHE PROgram PATHs to "$APACHEPROGNAME"
APACHEPROGPATH=$(echo "$APACHEPROGBASE" | awk '{print $2}')

### tar up the results
for i in "$APACHEPROGBASE" ; do echo tar -pczf "$APACHEPROGNAME"."$TARDATE".tar.gz "$APACHEPROGPATH" ; done

tar -pczf zabbix.05-05-2012.1336255870.tar.gz /usr/local/share/zabbix

1\2 way there...

The Ubuntu host however barfs with this:
Code:
for i in "$APACHEPROGBASE" ; do echo tar -pczf "$APACHEPROGNAME"."$TARDATE".tar.gz "$APACHEPROGPATH" ; done

tar -pczf cacti2
icinga.05-05-2012.1336256926.tar.gz /var/www/cacti2
/usr/local/icinga/share/

I "think" it may be the 'echo" messing with my head.

CentOS bash is GNU bash, version 3.2.25(1)-release (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu)
Ubuntu bash is GNU bash, version 4.1.5(1)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

Thanks for listening to me go on about this. Smilie

Edit: I wish it was simply the echo messing with me, but apparently not...
Code:
echo "$APACHEPROGBASE"
/cacti2 /var/www/cacti2
/icinga /usr/local/icinga/share/
root@icinga:/tmp# echo "$APACHEPROGNAME"
cacti2
icinga
root@icinga:/tmp# echo "$APACHEPROGPATH"
/var/www/cacti2
/usr/local/icinga/share/
for i in "$APACHEPROGNAME" ; do tar -pczf "$APACHEPROGNAME".tar.gz "$APACHEPROGPATH" ; done
tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
tar: /var/www/cacti2\n/usr/local/icinga/share: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

and this articfact...cacti2?icinga.tar.gz

Tomorrow is another day!

Thanks.

Last edited by Habitual; 05-05-2012 at 10:04 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef | grep "string1" "string2" " "string3"

Hi all, can any one suggest me the script to grep multiple strings from ps -ef pls correct the below script . its not working/ i want to print OK if all the below process are running in my solaris system. else i want to print NOT OK. bash-3.00$ ps -ef | grep blu lscpusr 48 42 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
BF_TAR(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 						 BF_TAR(1)

NAME
bf_tar - shell script to write a tar file of a bogofilter directory to stdout SYNOPSIS
bf_tar [-r] [-R] bogofilter_directory DESCRIPTION
bf_tar bundles a bogofilter working directory in tar format and copies it to standard output (your console, or where you redirect it, see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The -r option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files after the archive has been written successfully. The default is to leave log files. The -R option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files before the archive is written. This may reduce chances that the resulting archive is recoverable should it become damaged. The archive may be smaller though. The default is to leave log files. EXIT STATUS
The script exits with status code 0 if everything went well, and nonzero if it encountered trouble. EXAMPLES
o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter > outfile.tar Writes a standard .tar file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar. o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter | gzip -9 -c > outfile.tar.gz Writes a gzipped .tar.gz file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar.gz. o bf_tar `pwd`/mydirectory > outfile.tar Prepend $(pwd)/ or `pwd`/ if you want to specify an absolute path instead of a relative path. NOTES
This script is meant for use with Berkeley DB based bogofilter versions. This script requires a SUSv2 compliant pax utility. This script expects a SUSv2 compliant shell. Solaris systems should have the SUNWxcu4 package installed (when bogofilter is configured) so that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh can be used. AUTHORS
Matthias Andree Bogofilter 03/15/2010 BF_TAR(1)