Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu erro while installing new program Post 302635349 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 4th of May 2012 04:17:58 PM
Old 05-04-2012
maybe localpurge i not installed from a repository... if so, apt is (of course) not able to remove it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a program!

Hello, I have downloaded the GCC program version 2.95 and I don't know how to install it! Of course it has a folder called install and there are some files. So please help me to install this program. :) I use Red hat Linux version 8.0 Thank you Creative ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: creative
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a program

Finished installing freebsd and just installed firefox from the ports collection. Which file do I have to edit (and how) so a "firefox" command would launch it without having to type in the entire directory? =/ Also, I would appreciate it if you could point me towards any documentation about... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImperialPanda
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp syntax erro

hi all i'm getting the following syntax error when i'm running the scripts,can any one pls explain : warning: Connecting to /transfer/common/utilities/99990 failed: No address associated to the name Copying via cmd: scp -Q ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bkan77
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help boot system erro

being nosey on sons laptop and set a password and now need to undo this but its in the boot system :eek::eek::eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hempel
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems installing a program in Terminal

Hey First of all: I'm on a Mac. I'm quite new to this, so forgive me if i sound like a newb :-) I wish to install the Deluge BitTorrent client. First of all I installed Macports and made it run smooth. But then I ran into a problem when I should install Deluge. I can post the log, and maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing a program through Terminal in Mac OS X

Hey all.. I have a problem with the BitTorrent client called Deluge. (Deluge BitTorrent Client). Followed the guide on their homepage, but can't get it to work. First of all I have installed Xcode Tools 3.0 and MacPorts. I did the "sudo port install deluge" command, and all packages seemed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Erro in Installing OPENOFFICE SOFTWARE

Dear All I want to install openoffice on my redhat 5.1 linux os. open office folder is already extracted on Desktop. #cd Desktop/OOO310_m11_native_packed-2_en-US.9399 #./setup After run the setup command, i am getting the Error mentioned below.Please any body can help me. ERROR:- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing a new text editor program on Solaris

I have installed a new text editor program on Solaris and now the only way to open it is via the command line (is that correct) So is there a way to like for example add an icon on the cde main menu so as like just click it and the program opens I am running Solaris 9 I am still a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theeb
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a Program called MAQ (Beginner Here)

Basically, I'm trying to install this program called MAQ. Maq User's Manual I've downloaded it and I tried to type in $ ./configure; make; make install but the ouput I got was this: bash: ./configure: No such file or directory make: Entering directory `/home/vlay/bwa-0.5.0' make:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlay2
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Name Erro

Hi There, I have the following code: import time import paramiko node_list = for node in node_list: ssh = paramiko.SSHClient() ssh.set_missing_host_key_policy(paramiko.AutoAddPolicy()) ssh.connect(node, username='lord', password='xxxx') variables = {} stdin,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
0 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)