Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying the values of dynamically named arrays Post 302635241 by nicksantos1 on Friday 4th of May 2012 12:38:47 PM
Old 05-04-2012
Sorry about that. I'm on AIX and using KSH.

I'm just trying to update the index of an array on this line

Code:
eval \${array$c[2]}=$(eval \${array$c[1]}+1)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modifying binary file by editing Hex values ?

Hi , i'm using special binary file (lotus notes) and modifying an hexadecimal address range with windows hex editor and it works fine ! The file is an AIX one and i'm forced to transfert (ftp) it before modifying it and re-transfert ! NOW i would do this directly under AIX ! I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically create arrays

I have a bash challenge. I have several virtualization hosts for which I need to collect VM information. I need to dynamically create an array for each host. The contents of the array should be the list VMs running on the host. Here's the logic; I just need someone to help me with the details:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EdgarTorres
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically adding values in c-shell

I am needing to create a variable(changing) and assign it a value(changing) ... I am using C-Shell.. Example: foreach account in ($Accountlist) set account_connect = "$account/$account_pass" end I want to make set account_connect to store various values ? $account_connect did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays using csh

I am reading a number of files but then I want to put the ranges xmin xmax ymin ymax as arrays for each file. Any idea how I can do this??? set j = 1 echo "Welcome $i times" while ( $j <= $i ) echo "$j" set fname = $fin-bst-misf.xy echo " "$fname ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays

I have the following csh script which lets the use pass the following as an argument -legend=tag1/tag2/tag3/tag4/tag5/tag6/tag7 We pass a number of tags separated by '/'. I want to save the legend tags in an array and have done as below. How can I improve on this as things are getting quite... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrays and two values

I have requirement where I need to capture the highest values of items from a feed that runs for N hours. For example lets assume my data looks like this first feed ======== appples 10 oranges 20 pears 14 second feed ========== apples 5 oranges 30 pears 1 Last feed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
6 Replies

7. Programming

modifying 2 or more values using method in Java

i wanna make modification in two or more identifiers,using a method in JAVA , but the only way to do this is by returning a value ,then also only one variable value can be modified .. one way 2 do do this is by use of array and passing its name in method ,, please suggest a different way of doing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retreving the dynamically allocated values from bdb using C

In one of the assignment which i am working on, i am am trying to insert keys and values into BDB by reading the input records from a input file as below. Here keys i am inserting as character buffer and for values i am dynamically allocating the memory using malloc and then inserting into bdb.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AmbikaValagonda
1 Replies

9. Programming

Retreving the dynamically allocated values from bdb using C

In one of the assignment which i am working on, i am am trying to insert keys and values into BDB by reading the input records from a input file as below. Here keys i am inserting as character buffer and for values i am dynamically allocating the memory using malloc and then inserting into bdb.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AmbikaValagonda
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamically merging 2 files on header values

Hi All, I have 2 files which i need to merge together based on the column names provided in the file. The first line in both files are header records. The first file has fixed columns but second file can have subset of the columns from file 1 File 1: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kushagra
6 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitStringyEUser3Contributed Perl DocumePerl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitStringyEval(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitStringyEval - Write "eval { my $foo; bar($foo) }" instead of "eval "my $foo; bar($foo);"". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
The string form of "eval" is recompiled every time it is executed, whereas the block form is only compiled once. Also, the string form doesn't give compile-time warnings. eval "print $foo"; # not ok eval {print $foo}; # ok CONFIGURATION
There is an "allow_includes" boolean option for this Policy. If set, then strings that look like they only include a single "use" or "require" statement (with the possible following statement that consists of a single number) are allowed. With this option set, the following are flagged as indicated: eval 'use Foo'; # ok eval 'require Foo'; # ok eval "use $thingy;"; # ok eval "require $thingy;"; # ok eval "use $thingy; 1;"; # ok eval "require $thingy; 1;"; # ok eval 'use Foo; blah;'; # still not ok eval 'require Foo; 2; 1;'; # still not ok eval 'use $thingy;'; # still not ok eval 'no Foo'; # still not ok If you don't understand why the number is allowed, see Perl::Critic::Policy::ErrorHandling::RequireCheckingReturnValueOfEval. This option inspired by Ricardo SIGNES' Perl::Critic::Policy::Lax::ProhibitStringyEval::ExceptForRequire. SEE ALSO
Perl::Critic::Policy::ControlStrucutres::RequireBlockGrep Perl::Critic::Policy::ControlStrucutres::RequireBlockMap AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitStringyEval(3)