Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check the DB connection through Unix Post 302635071 by jim mcnamara on Friday 4th of May 2012 08:24:07 AM
Old 05-04-2012
One correction:
Code:
while [ ! -f /user/shiv/flag.trg ] #while loop,loop untill flag is set to Y
do
  sqlplus -s /nolog <<ENDSQL
  connect bbb/111@yyy
  WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE
  WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 10
  EXIT;
ENDSQL

ENDSQL has to be in the leftmost column.

Why can you not use tnsping?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Connection check though Scripting

Hi Guys, I wanted to check the sql connection through scripting if it is avilable then proceed else stop the process I was trying sqlplus -L username/passwd@sid if this is not sucess it gives non-zero. but if it is success it is going into the sqlplus prompt. So how could i get out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check DB connection in unix shell script

In the following script I need to find whether DB is established successfully or not. I need to find and display it. If <DB is connected successfully> then echo "DB connection success" else echo "DB connection failure" fi In the same way I need to do it for DB terminate. I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Check SSH Connection .. help ..

I've script where i check connection to many hosts ... it take input from HOSTLIST.txt Ex. cat HOSTLIST.txt host1 host2 while read HOSTNAME do echo $HOSTNAME ssh -o "BatchMode=yes" ${HOSTNAME} "echo 2>&1" $$ echo flag=0 || flag=1; if ; then echo "No SSH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check Internet connection?

I am using SUSE OS and want to check internet connection... I have tried: ping -c3 google.com The output i have got is: Unknown host google.com does it means that i do not have Internet connection?? Or please help me with any Command to find Internet connection? Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I check UDP connection to other server?

Hi, My network dep. telles me that they have opened the FW but my application still can not get through to other server. If it was TCP I could simply test it myself with "telnet", but how can I check it when the connection is UDP? Tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
1 Replies

6. Programming

TCP connection check

Hi. I am writing client - server application using TCP sockets. I need some very basic functionality, namely: how to check if another "participant" of the connection is still present? I want to handle situations, when client is gone, or server breaks down, etc. (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shang
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check sftp connection

Hi All, in our system , the sftp server is continuously up. but suddenly it is brought down. how can i find out the reason behind of these , is their any log files or how can i check the connectvity with sftp. please help me to solve this issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple while loop script to check a connection

Hi, I am completely new to shell scripting. Basically I am wanting to create a simple while loop script to check if a network connection is available from 'netstat -a' and if its present then output a character to the serial port. I think i am nearly there.. but need some assistance.. this is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zippyzip
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to check the FTP connection

Hi, I need a script which check the FTP connections, if its working fine then no issue. Incase not working fine then Trigger the mail. Please help on this. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keshav Kalra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check internet connection?

Hello, I need a simple shell script that returns a value if the system is internet connected and a different value if the system is not connected. Can anyone please help? Thanks Daniele (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
3 Replies
dpkg-trigger(1) 						    dpkg suite							   dpkg-trigger(1)

NAME
dpkg-trigger - a package trigger utility SYNOPSIS
dpkg-trigger [option...] trigger-name dpkg-trigger [option...] command DESCRIPTION
dpkg-trigger is a tool to explicitly activate triggers and check for its support on the running dpkg. This can be used by maintainer scripts in complex and conditional situations where the file triggers, or the declarative activate triggers control file directive, are insufficiently rich. It can also be used for testing and by system administrators (but note that the triggers won't actually be run by dpkg-trigger). Unrecognized trigger name syntaxes are an error for dpkg-trigger. COMMANDS
--check-supported Check if the running dpkg supports triggers (usually called from a postinst). Will exit 0 if a triggers-capable dpkg has run, or 1 with an error message to stderr if not. Normally, however, it is better just to activate the desired trigger with dpkg-trigger. -?, --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--admindir=dir Change the location of the dpkg database. The default location is /var/lib/dpkg. --by-package=package Override trigger awaiter (normally set by dpkg through the DPKG_MAINTSCRIPT_PACKAGE environment variable of the maintainer scripts, naming the package to which the script belongs, and this will be used by default). --no-await This option arranges that the calling package T (if any) need not await the processing of this trigger; the interested package(s) I, will not be added to T's trigger processing awaited list and T's status is unchanged. T may be considered installed even though I may not yet have processed the trigger. --await This option does the inverse of --no-await (since dpkg 1.17.21). It is currently the default behavior. --no-act Just test, do not actually change anything. EXIT STATUS
0 The requested action was successfully performed. Or a check or assertion command returned true. 1 A check or assertion command returned false. 2 Fatal or unrecoverable error due to invalid command-line usage, or interactions with the system, such as accesses to the database, memory allocations, etc. ENVIRONMENT
DPKG_ADMINDIR If set and the --admindir option has not been specified, it will be used as the dpkg data directory. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1), deb-triggers(5), /usr/share/doc/dpkg-dev/triggers.txt.gz. 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 dpkg-trigger(1)