Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to create empty wav file
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers how to create empty wav file Post 302634869 by thillai_selvan on Friday 4th of May 2012 01:48:50 AM
Old 05-04-2012
how to create empty wav file

Dear All,
Kindly explain me a command in unix to create a empty wav file with example.

Thanks in Advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simultaneously create three empty files?

I can't get touch to simultaneously create three empty files file1, file2, file3. I tried:$ touch filebut all I got was one file:$ fileWhat did I do wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: na5m
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete original wav file if lame was successful encoding.

In a bash script: src=”cooltrack.wav” dst=”cooltrack.mp3” lame $src $dst I would like to add some line that would delete the source wav file like: rm $src but I would like this only if the encoding was successful. What should I include before deleting the original to check that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

3. Solaris

converting midi to wav in solaris 10

how can i convert midi to wave in solaris 10 i have found timidity but it lack of documentation. is there any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: conandor
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting same exit status for empty and non empty file

Hi All, I am checking for a empty input file to do some further action , but I am getting exit status 0 in both the cases , for empty and non empty file both. The value of $? is coming 0 in if part also and else part too. #!/bin/ksh if ]; then echo "data" # exit 0 echo "$?" else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Playing wav-file sounds.

I would like to be able to shell out to the command line and play sounds. After installing "sox" I can now do this using the play command. Is there a way to stop the playing once it starts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newyorkpaulie
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cowardly refusing to create an empty archive

Hi, I am trying to write an Archive script that should look for files older than x days, zip them and move the zip to the archive directory and delete the files that have been zipped. I am not sure how i can handle this error: "cowardly refusing to create an empty archieve". Just wanted to know... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command to create multiple empty files(no trailing lines as well).

Hi, i need a single command to create multiple empty files(no trailing lines as well) and empty the files if already existing. please let me know or if this has been ansered, if some ocan share the link please, thanks > newfile.txt or :> newfile.txt do not work (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Onkar Banerjee
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create empty files from a list on file

Hello Guys. Please I would like to create empty files from a list In file1 will be the followin values, so i will like to create for each name a empty file. file1 2191off-r0.sps 2192off-r0.sps 2193off-r0.sps 2194off-r0.sps 2195off-r0.sps So I need to get 5 empty files. Thanks for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
7 Replies

9. Linux

How to create new empty utf8 file for appending?

Hey i try to create empty text file with utf-8 encoding without success what is the right way to do this ? tried with touch test.txt iconv -f UTF-8 -t UTF-8 test.txt or iconv -f latin1 -t UTF-8 test.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX command to create a empty dataset

Hi all, Is Der any unix command which will create a empty dataset ..?(in .ds ).I know we can use orchadmin dump command to view dataset data.. but how to create a dataset..? like sampledataset.ds thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
1 Replies
SONIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							  SONIC(1)

NAME
sonic - Speech speed manipulator SYNOPSIS
sonic [OPTION]... inFile outFile DESCRIPTION
Sonic is used to make wav files of speech faster or slower. The primary advance in sonic is the ability to speed speech up by much more than 2X, with minimal distortion. However, sonic can be used for both speeding up and slowing down speech files. Additionally, sonic can change the pitch and volume. OPTIONS
-c Modify pitch by emulating vocal chords vibrating faster or slower. This causes more distortion than the default pitch scaling, but sounds more like the same person trying to talk higher or lower. The default pitch changes makes the voice sound like a larger or smaller person, but introduces little distortion. -p pitch Set pitch scaling factor. 1.3 means 30%% higher. -q Disable all speed-up heuristics, possibly improving the quality slightly. This is mainly used for debugging the speed-up heuris- tics. -r rate Adjust the speed of playback. This sales both the pitch and speed equally. -s speed Set speed up factor. 1.0 means no change, 2.0 means 2X faster. -v scaleFactor Scale volume by scaleFactor. 1.5 increases by 50%. Clips if the maximum range is exceeded. EXAMPLES
sonic -s 3.2 book.wav book_fast.wav The above command would increase the speed of an audio book called book.wav by a factor of 3.2, and write the result in book_fast.wav. sonic -s 0.5 -v 1.5 spanish.wav spanish_slow.wav This would slow down the file spanish.wav by a factor of 2, make the volume 50% louder, and write the result to spanish_slow.wav. sonic -p 2.0 low.wav high.wav This would make a low voice sound very high pitched. AUTHOR
Bill Cox waywardgeek@gmail.com Sonic Version 0.1, Copyright 2010, Bill Cox, GPL license SONIC(1)