Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers arecord not interrupted after specified duration Post 302634845 by thillai_selvan on Friday 4th of May 2012 12:39:18 AM
Old 05-04-2012
It was just waiting.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated sftp procedure interrupted

Dear experts, I have a local computer and remote computer (only sftp accessed). I want to delete files x and y in both local and remote computer using the following automated script: sftp $remote > /dev/null < mdel.file the file mdel.file has been pre-created, and its content is cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyin.huang
2 Replies

2. Programming

Problem with signal handler and interrupted system call

Hi, I have a daq program that runs in an infinite loop until it receives SIGINT. A handler catches the signal and sets a flag to stop the while loop. After the loop some things have to be cleaned up. The problem is that I want my main while loop to wait until the next full second begins, to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soeckel
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

ssh connection refused post yum interrupted update

an update of RHEL 5.1 via yum was interrupted after installing the following packages. Running Transaction Updating : libgcc ##################### Updating : setup ##################### Updating : filesystem ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: egrotjahn
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

arecord, pdflush and bfr.

Hi All I'm using arecord to record directly to a USB key: arecord -f cd > /mnt/usb/myfile.wav But I see buffer overruns at 30 second intervals, which correspond with short bursts of USB write activity. I'm assuming this is related to: /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centiseconds And the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucksbell
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort by Duration

.......................................................................................................................... 03:40 Geonetric File from CCL Complete 03:40:59 03:41:08 00:00:09 00:00:01 N/A 005 sys_runccl ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Interrupted Cygwin install changed permissions on C drive

I was installing cygwin on my Windows 7 desktop. I guess I picked a bad mirror site because the download speed was very slow and it wasn't able to give me all the packages I wanted. I closed the setup in too much haste. I think it was still downloading and not yet installing though. It said that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ethoma7329
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Folder location interrupted

Have had hidden/interrupted folder. It is on a NTFS-partition I use for OS and Bootcamp. I think that the problem is a HFS+ problem. I happened with all the folder which had a slash "/" in their folder name. So for example I had the folder "test/rand". Recently it disappeared from finder. In... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sceltecs
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is original file modified when pigz is interrupted?

I had to stop a pigz (parallel gzip) compression before it completed. Is the original uncompressed file changed/corrupted? I was under the impression that the original file is not changed during compression, though it is deleted if the compression is successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colin123
1 Replies
msgchk(1mh)															       msgchk(1mh)

Name
       msgchk - check for messages

Syntax
       msgchk [ -help ] [ -nodate ] [ -notify all|mail|nomail ] [ users ...  ]

Description
       The  program checks all known mail drops for mail that is waiting for you.  It displays whether you have mail waiting to be read or not and
       shows the date that you last read your mail.

You can check other user's maildrops by specifying their user names as the users argument on the command line.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options for this command.

-date
       -nodate	 Prints the date when you last read your mail.	This is the default behavior of The -nodate option can be used of you do not  want
		 to print this date.

-notify
       -nonotify Indicates  under  what circumstances should produce a message.  There are three legal values: all, mail, and nomail.  The default
		 is -notify all, which reports the status of the maildrop regardless of whether it has mail in it or not.  The -notify mail option
		 reports  the  status of the maildrop only if there is mail waiting.  The -notify nomail option reports the status of the maildrop
		 only if there is no mail in it.

-source file
		 Specifies the source which are checked for mail.  The only value allowed is file, which is the user's maildrop.  Additional  val-
		 ues are supported only for use with other mail systems.

Restrictions
       does  not  understand the $MAILDROP environmental variable.  If mail is fetched from a location other than will not be able to determine if
       new mail has arrived.  However, can still be used to fetch mail when it arrives.

For this version, the -source option only supports the value file.  Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems.

Examples
       This example shows a user Smith checking his own maildrop:
       % msgchk
       Smith:
	  New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 88 17
       :21:49 WET

The next example shows a user checking the maildrops of two other local users on the same system, Rabb and Jones:
       % msgchk Rabb Jones
       Rabb:
	  No file-source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 13:22:
       25 WET
       Jones:
	  New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 17:30
       :05 WET

Files
       The user profile.

The system customization file.

The user's maildrop.

See Also