Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with sed or awk with less pipe Post 302634837 by itkamaraj on Friday 4th of May 2012 12:03:11 AM
Old 05-04-2012
Code:
$ nawk -F"[<>]" '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)if($i~/left valign=top/){print $(i+1);next}}' input.txt
readhat version 6.0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with pipe into sed

Basically I am trying to write a short script to report total space used on /u0? file systems. This is what I was trying to do:df -k /u0? | grep -v kbytes | awk '{ printf $2 "+" }' | sed s/.$// | bcBut it returns no output. This works however: > A=`df -k /u0? |grep -v kbytes | awk '{ printf $2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it better to grep and pipe to awk, or to seach with awk itself

This may just be a lack of experience talking, but I always assumed that when possible it was better to use a commands built in abilities rather than to pipe to a bunch of commands. I wrote a (very simple) script a while back that was meant to pull out a certain error code, and report back what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe output of grep to sed?

Is there a way I can do this: search for text and replace line containing matched text with a different line? For example: "I want to replace text" I want to search for replace and then change the line to I am perplexed. Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep char count & pipe to sed command

Hi I am having a 'grep' headache Here is the contents of my file: (PBZ,CP,(((ME,PBZ,BtM),ON),((ME,((PBZ,DG),(CW9,PG11))),CW9,TS2,RT1))) I would like to count out how many times 'PBZ' occurs and then place that number in the line above 3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed returns different results while substitution on a pipe delimited file

Hi, Need help with a sed command that I am using to substitute 3 positions of a pipe delimited file. i am getting different results while substituting the same position of two different files with the same value. Please see details below: $ cat chk2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmenon
3 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to squeeze multiple pipe character '|' into single '|' using sed?

Hi, I am trying to convert multiple Unix pipe symbol or bar into single |. I have tried with the following sed statements, but, no success :(. I need it using sed only echo "sed 's/\|\+/\|/g' sed 's/*/\|/' sed 's/\|*/|/' sed -r 's/\|+/\|/' However, the below awk code is working fine.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe awk's output to sed for deletion

Hi Friends, I am using a command that prints certain lines from a file. For ex: cat input abc chr1 456 def chr1 789 ghi chr1 999 jjj chr1 777 jhk chr7 914 My command awk '{if($2=="chr1" && $3>=456 && $3<=999) {print $0}}' OFS="\t" input Output being printed is abc chr1 456 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed, replace comma with pipe. but ignore qoutes

hi, I am trying to replace comma with pipe, but the issue is that i want to ignore the commas inside qoutes. for example: i have file with the string: 1,"2,3",4,"5","6,7" the result should be : 1|"2,3"|4|"5"|"6,7" i trying to use sed and awk (match function) for that, but i did not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabik
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use less pipe for grep or awk sed to print the line not include xx yy zz

cat file |grep -v "xx" | grep -v "yy" |grep -v "zz" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a value in a pipe delimited line (unsig sed,awk)

Hi, I want to insert a value (x) in the 3rd position of each line in a file like below a|b|c|d|1 a|b|c|d a|b|c|d|e|1 a|b|cso that output file looks like a|b|x|c|d|1 a|b|x|c|d a|b|x|c|d|e|1 a|b|x|cI can do that using perl as below #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; #inserting x at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
5 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)