Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: %include in kickstart
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat %include in kickstart Post 302634535 by jnojr on Thursday 3rd of May 2012 12:48:39 PM
Old 05-03-2012
Anyone?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Redhat Kickstart

Would anyone know how to set a NIC to 100 Full Duplex from within a kickstart bootdisk? I just added the Tigon3 module to the bootnet.img - it loads fine but auto-negotiates to 100 Half Duplex for some reason - are there any parameters I can pass on the boot disk to force it 100 Full appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

kickstart output/input

Hello Linux gurus! Ive got a RedHat EnterP. 4 kickstart server that is also running RedHat EnterP 4. It is working as i should and no problem at all. However, now i want to run a little script with output and input. Ive read up a bit and what i realized is that a input in %pre phase is not a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maskot
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kickstart File

Hi, I was able to set up a kickstart to install Red Hat Enterprise thought a network. I'm trying to enable a NTP time server in the post section of the kickstart file and also enable/disable a few services using chkconfig. I can't seam to get it to work, can anyone help ? I don't beleive i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgesaa
2 Replies

4. Linux

RHEL5 Kickstart Problem... HELP!

Folks, Im hoping you guys can help me. Here is a description of what I have going on. Fresh VM, trying to run a Kickstart Install on it for RHEL5. I am looking to access the kickstart file through nfs. I boot from a local ISO image and everything goes fine, I get to the boot prompt and enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkono
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL Kickstart

Hi, I am trying to install RHEL5.3 using kickstart method. Copied the rhel.iso file from DVD to http location. ks.cfg and rhel.iso files are available on a WINDOWS2008 Server (via HTTP). In ks.cfg file, provided the media path as url --url=http://xx.xx.xx.xx/RHEL53. System understanding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

RH Kickstart Questions..

Hello, I am pretty new to using Linux and learning as I go, my setup is extremly simple, I have 1 virtual machine running on my laptop running (ubuntu 10.04), I've created a kickstart (Red Hat) file with the ksconfig. So I know have a config file for my Redhat.iso and my VM machine. What's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

KickStart postscript problem

Hello everyone: Im not going to explain about kickstart, i supposed you know, that one of the features of this program is to run a postscript after installation.So after install packages you can run a set of commands to make a "first-configuration" of your system. Usually people writes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
0 Replies

8. Linux

Kickstart server

Hello everyone, I have problem while configuring kickstart server .i have performed some steps but still i am unable to configure kickstart server on CentOS 5.4. I have performed following steps:- yum install system-config-kickstart mkdir /kickstart mount /dev/cdrom /media cd /media... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan chauhan
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Networking in kickstart

I'm using a script in %pre that prompts for IP, hostname, etc. The answers are dumped out as variables and used to set up the config files in %post All works well. Now, it's being used to install the OS on an HP Proliant that's in a remote datacenter via iLO, and it takes about an hour to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Kickstart using anaconda-ks.cfg

Heyas I'm trying to build a live image using livecd-tools (livecd-creator), but this time i'd like to reuse the /root/anaconda-ks.cfg. System: Fedora 3.16.7-200.fc20.x86_64 The building starts, the download begins, but it fails with networking. MAIN.ks # Based on: fedora-live-base.ks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
extlinux(1)						      General Commands Manual						       extlinux(1)

NAME
extlinux - install the SYSLINUX bootloader on a ext2/ext3 filesystem SYNOPSIS
extlinux [options] directory DESCRIPTION
EXTLINUX is a new syslinux derivative, which boots from a Linux ext2/ext3 filesystem. It works the same way as SYSLINUX, with a few slight modifications. It is intended to simplify first-time installation of Linux, and for creation of rescue and other special-purpose boot disks. The installer is designed to be run on a mounted directory. For example, if you have an ext2 or ext3 usb key mounted on /mnt, you can run the following command: extlinux --install /mnt OPTIONS
-H, --heads=# Force the number of heads. -i, --install Install over the current bootsector. -O, --clear-once Clear the boot-once command. -o, --once=command Execute a command once upon boot. -M, --menu-save=label Set the label to select as default on the next boot -r, --raid Fall back to the next device on boot failure. --reset-adv Reset auxiliary data. -S, --sectors=# Force the number of sectors per track. -U, --update Updates a previous EXTLINUX installation. -z, --zip Force zipdrive geometry (-H 64 -S 32). FILES
The extlinux configuration file needs to be named extlinux.conf and needs to be stored in the extlinux installation directory. For more information about the contents of extlinux.conf, see syslinux(1) manpage, section files. BUGS
I would appreciate hearing of any problems you have with SYSLINUX. I would also like to hear from you if you have successfully used SYS- LINUX, especially if you are using it for a distribution. If you are reporting problems, please include all possible information about your system and your BIOS; the vast majority of all problems reported turn out to be BIOS or hardware bugs, and I need as much information as possible in order to diagnose the problems. There is a mailing list for discussion among SYSLINUX users and for announcements of new and test versions. To join, send a message to majordomo@linux.kernel.org with the line: SEE ALSO
syslinux(1) SYSLINUX for ext2/ext3 filesystem 18 December 2007 extlinux(1)