Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help on addon packages
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat help on addon packages Post 302634231 by nnani on Thursday 3rd of May 2012 04:10:14 AM
Old 05-03-2012
hello,

frankly speaking, I am very new to unix paltform. so I don't knwo whether the yum repositories are defined

Can you please help me with setting the repositry or with yum command .

I want to get the openldap-devel package for Centos 5.5

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scsi drive addon

Adding another scsi drive, no name, it came with the instruction manual in japanese, so of no use. We need to format it, it only shows up as 14 gigs, when we know it is a 40 gig drive, but have no specs on the cyl, etc. Combing through faqs, one of my coworkers found a blurb that unix won't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Which packages contain?

Cannot find which packages install: The executable: sharemgr The service: smb/server Anyone knows? Background, I want to setup CIFS on ZFS. Solaris 10. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb008
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Need few packages for installation

I need the following packages to keep my system uptodate. These packages are not present in Solaris U7. I didnt get these packages from Sun freeware site. Please help me where i can get these packages? IS94de812 ISCbemBui ISCbemCli ISCsmMult ISHelpMul ISJavaMul ISLockhar ISSadeCli... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
2 Replies

6. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

vbulletin addon for ads?

i'm wondering what vbulletin addon is used here to manage ads if the admin could let me know :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disgust
1 Replies

8. Fedora

Looking for RPM packages

Hi all, Trying to get the following packages for an ARM 71 device running an image of Fedora 18. I need these system livraries for compilation. gtk2-devel-2.22.0-2.fc14.i686.rpm proj-devel-4.7.0-3.fc14.i686.rpm proj-4.7.0-3.fc14.i686.rpm Anyone know where I could find them? Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
3 Replies
package-cleanup(1)														package-cleanup(1)

NAME
package-cleanup - clean up locally installed, duplicate, or orphaned packages SYNOPSIS
package-cleanup [options] <item ...> DESCRIPTION
package-cleanup is a program for cleaning up the locally-installed RPMs. GENERAL OPTIONS
-c <config file> Use alternative config file (default is /etc/yum.conf). -h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. -q, --quiet Print out nothing unnecessary. -v, --version Report program version and exit. -y Agree to anything asked. --leaves List leaf nodes in the local RPM database. Leaf nodes are RPMs that are not relied upon by any other RPM. --orphans List installed packages which are not available from currently configured repositories. This is identical to "yum list extras", which may provide better output. --oldkernels Remove old kernel and kernel-devel packages. --problems List dependency problems in the local RPM database. If any problems are found it will exit with an exit code of 1. --dupes Scan for duplicates in the local RPM database. --cleandupes Scan for duplicates in the local RPM database and clean out the older versions. --count <COUNT> Number of duplicate/kernel packages to keep on the system (default 2) LEAVES OPTIONS
--all When listing leaf nodes also list leaf nodes that are not libraries. --leaf-regex A package name that matches this regular expression will be considered a leaf. --exclude-devel When listing leaf nodes do not list development packages. --exclude-bin When listing leaf nodes do not list packages with files in bin directories. OLDKERNELS OPTIONS
--keepdevel Do not remove kernel-devel packages when removing kernels EXAMPLES
List all dependency problems: package-cleanup --problems List all packages that are not in any Yum repository: package-cleanup --orphans Remove old kernels keeping 3 and leaving old kernel-devel packages installed: package-cleanup --oldkernels --count=3 --keepdevel List all leaf packages with no files in a bin directory whose name begins with either 'perl' or 'python': package-cleanup --leaves --exclude-bin --leaf-regex="^(perl)|(python)" FILES
As package-cleanup uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Gijs Hollestelle 03 November 2005 package-cleanup(1)