Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Removing files from a particular month Post 302633945 by admin_xor on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 04:43:36 PM
Old 05-02-2012
Awesome!! Smilie

Regarding the syntax, for "and" operation, I usually do not bother about the -a operator. That syntax I use for "or" operation with -o. Here's what GNU find's man page has to say about it:

Code:
The  expression  is  made up of options (which affect overall operation
       rather than the processing of a specific file, and always return true),
       tests  (which  return  a  true or false value), and actions (which have
       side effects and return a true or false value), all separated by opera-
       tors.  -and is assumed where the operator is omitted.

And here's the proof:

Code:
# ls -la /tmp/file*
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Feb  1 08:33 /tmp/file1
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Feb 28 08:33 /tmp/file2
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Feb 14 08:33 /tmp/file3
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Jan 14 08:33 /tmp/file4

Code:
# find /tmp -mtime -$(( 3+30+31+29 )) -mtime +$(( 3+30+30 )) -exec ls -lv '{}>
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Feb 28 08:33 /tmp/file2
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Feb  1 08:33 /tmp/file1
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Feb 14 08:33 /tmp/file3

But, again, HP-UX find may differ. This is tested with GNU find Smilie

Thanks Methyl.

Last edited by admin_xor; 05-02-2012 at 05:49 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get previous month files

Hi, My task to to delete files which are of previous months. I have files named as follows *CCYYMMDD.xls. on a particular day i have delete previous months files i.e in Dec i have delete all nov files which look like 200511DD.XLS in Jan i have to delete all Dec files 200512DD.xls ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: savitha
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing 2 month old files

I am trying to delete 2 month old file with date extension yyyymmdd, How can i get a 2 month old month and year? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
16 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete1 month old files?

Hi, I need to create a script which should delete all the log files which are 1 month old or older than that. For ex: Today's date -- > 09/30/2010 Directory --> /user/work/log/ Files--> log.07182010 created on 07/18/2010 log.08182010 created on 08/18/2010 log.09182010 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find last two files for a month?

Hi All, I need to find last two files for the month. lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 15:43 c.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 21 15:43 d.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 22 15:43 f.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh?

Hello, i`m looking for some way to add to some date an partial number of months, for example to 2015y 02m 27d + 2,54m i need to write this script in php or bash or sh or mysql or perl in normal time o unix time i`m asking or there are any simple way to add partial number of month to some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacarrdy
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need last month files after 10th of every month

Hi, I need all file names in a folder which has date >= 10th of last month, Example : files in folder AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT BUTO_F1_20140616.TXT CUTO_F1_20140603.TXT FA_AUTO_06012014.TXT LA_AUTO_06112014.TXT MA_AUTO_06212014.TXT ZA_AUTO_06232014.TXT Output: AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get last month files

Hi All, How to get last month files. Ex : 1st Jan i have to get Dec 31 days files and on Feb 1st i have to get Jan 31 days files and on Mar 1st i have to get Feb 28 days files. Below are the example files with date and timestamp. aaa.txt.timestamp aaa.txt.timestamp aaa.txt.timestamp Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
7 Replies
LOGFETCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LOGFETCH(1)

NAME
logfetch - Xymon client data collector SYNOPSIS
logfetch CONFIGFILE STATUSFILE DESCRIPTION
logfetch is part of the Xymon client. It is responsible for collecting data from logfiles, and other file-related data, which is then sent to the Xymon server for analysis. logfetch uses a configuration file, which is automatically retrieved from the Xymon server. There is no configuration done locally. The configuration file is usually stored in the $BBHOME/tmp/logfetch.cfg file, but editing this file has no effect since it is re-written with data from the Xymon server each time the client runs. logfetch stores information about what parts of the monitored logfiles have been processed already in the $BBHOME/tmp/logfetch.status file. This file is an internal file used by logfetch, and should not be edited. If deleted, it will be re-created automatically. SECURITY
logfetch needs read access to the logfiles it should monitor. If you configure monitoring of files or directories through the "file:" and "dir:" entries in client-local.cfg(5) then logfetch will require at least read-acces to the directory where the file is located. If you request checksum calculation for a file, then it must be readable by the Xymon client user. Do NOT install logfetch as suid-root. There is no way that logfetch can check whether the configuration file it uses has been tampered with, so installing logfetch with suid-root privileges could allow an attacker to read any file on the system by using a hand-crafted con- figuration file. In fact, logfetch will attempt to remove its own suid-root setup if it detects that it has been installed suid-root. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DU Command used to collect information about the size of directories. By default, this is the command du -k. If the local du-command on the client does not recognize the "-k" option, you should set the DU environment variable in the $BBHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg file to a command that does report directory sizes in kilobytes. FILES
$BBHOME/tmp/logfetch.cfg $BBHOME/tmp/logfetch.status SEE ALSO
xymon(7), hobbit-clients.cfg(5) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 LOGFETCH(1)