Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bind named query
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Bind named query Post 302633843 by admin_xor on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 02:09:11 PM
Old 05-02-2012
Great! Thanks. So I was missing the recursion option. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

named pipes

Hi I am having trouble with a script to export individual schemas to tape from an oracle database. Basicaly I need to export each shema through a pipe with compression and store each shema name in a file with the relevant tape marker. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: truma1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

named

Dear All , Kindly i would like to start the named whenever the system reboot , currently i start it manually . for more info. i have both named , one from SUN , and other one i installed it from internet , now i want the one from SUN to start automatically when rebooting . its path is :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named PIPE

Gurus, I've a File Transaction Server, which communicates with other servers and performs some processing.It uses many Named PIPE's. By mistake i copied a named PIPE into a text file. I heard that PIPE files shouldn't be copied.Isn't it? Since it's a production box, i'm afraid on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tamil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named Pipes

hi, i am working on a script for oracle export, m using a parameter file... i want to compress the dump file that is generated.. in my script following is the code i have written. i am not able to generata .gz file mknod /tmp/exp_tesd1_pipe p gzip -cNf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 bind 9 named question

Hi, I can't rememeber what passwd is set for the "named" user in bind. Is there possibly a default one or anyway to find it ? I'm worried about changing it and causing other issues, if I did change it what other files would I need to edit ? :( Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sysop400
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

8. Solaris

BIND 9 ---> no /etc/named.conf file after installation

Hi I installed BIND 9 from dvd image of my Solaris 10 (SUNWbind, SUNWbindr) and when I try to start it(svcadm enable network/dns/server), it says there is no /etc/named.conf file. Why is it so ? Should not this file be created during installation phase ? Do I have to create it manually ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_NAMED(7)						OCF resource agents					    OCF_HEARTBEAT_NAMED(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_named - Manages a named server SYNOPSIS
named [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for named (Bind) server. It manages named as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
named Path to the named command. (optional, string, default "/usr/sbin/named") rndc Path to the rndc command. (optional, string, default "/usr/sbin/rndc") host Path to the host command. (optional, string, default "/usr/bin/host") named_user User that should own named process. (optional, string, default "named") named_config Configuration file for named. (unique, optional, string, no default) named_pidfile PIDFILE file for named. (unique, optional, string, default "/var/run/named/named.pid") named_rootdir Directory that named should use for chroot if any. (unique, optional, string, no default) named_options Options for named process if any. (optional, string, no default) named_keytab_file named service keytab file (for GSS-TSIG). (optional, string, no default) monitor_request Request that shall be sent to named for monitoring. Usually an A record in DNS. (optional, string, default "localhost") monitor_response Expected response from named server. (optional, string, default "127.0.0.1") monitor_ip IP Address where named listens. (optional, string, default "127.0.0.1") SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. reload Suggested minimum timeout: 60. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 30. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a named resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_named ocf:heartbeat:named op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="30" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/named_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_NAMED(7)