Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem With Bash Scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem With Bash Scripting Post 302633791 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 12:26:30 PM
Old 05-02-2012
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripting

Hello there peeps: There is a little piece of bash shell scripting problem i have, which i was hoping you could help me with. #!/bin/bash stored_word() { case $(( $$ % 8 )) in 0 ) echo "energy";; 1 ) echo "touch";; 2 ) echo "climbing";; 3 ) echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyvan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting help!!

Hi, can anyone help me with my scrip please. I wanted do following tasks: 1. List all the directory 2. A STDIN to ask user to enter a directory name from listed directories 3. command to check if the directory exists( or a command to validate if the user entered a valid directory name)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eminjan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help with Bash Scripting????

Hi, can anyone help me with my scrip please. I wanted do following tasks: 1. List all the directory 2. A STDIN to ask user to enter a directory name from listed directories 3. command to check if the directory exists( or a command to validate if the user entered a valid directory name) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eminjan
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

bash,scripting

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: i have to do this but i am confused, Create a file containing the bash functions which perform the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CRAZYLITTLELOU
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting help

have this code but when i run it i get this error ./pulse: line 2: and here is the code #!/bin/bash if ; then pulseaudio -k; fi what am i doing wrong thanks Adam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting

Hello everyone!!!! I am new to this forum ...I have a problem. And I thought that you are expert :) so you can help me with that... I have a text file with maaany lines. Every line begins with something like that: <http aksjfskcuhrf kushkfsnus> <http sxnfrksehfsd gsdg r> I don't know if every... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary_elen
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting

Try to imagine a flag: nnnnx nnnxx nnxxx nxxxx now imagine how it will output: 4 times the "n"and 1 times "x" 3 times "n"and" 2 times" x " .. etc. .. rhombus is the same only instead of "n" is there gap "and " x "is a few times to form the correct shape Can you help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krcek12
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting

same script: 1- i am using grep to find a string called: tinker panic 0 in a file /etc/ntp.conf if the string is not there, i want to add the strings in /etc/ntp.conf file in the first line of the file. if not do nothing or exit. 2- also i want to add # in front of the following lines in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash Scripting

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Try running 'phone4 xyz' and see what happens. Modify your program so that if no matching name is found, an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OmgHaxor
1 Replies
pseudo(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pseudo(1)

NAME
pseudo - Starts a non-STREAMS pty interface for a STREAMS device SYNOPSIS
pseudo [-l] [-shell shell] OPTIONS
Starts a shell process as the login shell. By default, the command starts this process as an interactive shell. Specifies the shell to be started. By default, the command starts the shell set by the SHELL environment variable. DESCRIPTION
The pseudo command provides an appropriate interface for STREAMS tty devices that are installed on systems configured to use the non- STREAMS pty driver. The pseudo command opens a pair of master and slave pty devices, and starts a shell process. The command's options allow you to override the default shell specification and to specify that the process be started as a login shell. NOTES
The pseudo command is available only when one or more of the Tru64 UNIX optional subsets with worldwide support software are installed on your system. In order for the pseudo command to provide a non-STREAMS pty interface for STREAMS devices, the system must be configured to use the non- STREAMS pty driver. If the system is configured to use the STREAMS pty driver, the command provides a STREAMS pty interface. SEE ALSO
Commands: stty(1) Interfaces: pty(7) pseudo(1)