Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Skipping rows based on columns Post 302633731 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 11:19:21 AM
Old 05-02-2012
@ramky, this is because your data sample was not representative of your actual data.
Try:
Code:
awk 'NF>4' infile

but that will give false positives for streets consisting of two words and a missing street type, so you would need to manually remove records..
Or you can try to tinker with the -F value like neutronscott suggested..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binning rows while skipping the first column

Hi I have a file that I want to bin. I am using this code: awk -F'\t' -v r=40 '{for(i=r;i<=NF;i+=r){for(j=0;j<r;j++){sum+=$(i-j)}printf "%s ", sum/r;sum=0}; printf "\n"}' file1 > file2 So basically what this code does is that it will averaging every 40 columns (creating bins of 40). But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange output based on rows into columns

Hi All, I would like to ask help on how can i achieve below output. Inputfile: Oct11,apa1-daily,01:25:01 Oct11,apa2-daily,01:45:23 Oct12,apa1-daily,02:30:11 Oct12,apa2-daily,01:55:01 Oct13,apa1-off,01:43:34 Oct13,apa2-off,01:22:04 Desired output: Clients ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mars101
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows based on values in columns

Hi My pipe delimited .txt file contains rows with 10 columns. Can anyone advise how I output to file only those rows with the letters ‘ci' as the first 2 characters in the 3rd column ? Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a text file based on the values of two columns (given ranges)

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with multiple columns. The second and third columns include numbers that have not been sorted. I want to extract rows where the second column includes a value between -0.01 and 0.01 (including both numbers) and the first third column includes a value between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting rows and columns in a matrix based on condition

Hi I have a matrix with n rows and m columns like below example. i want to extract all the pairs with values <200. Input A B C D A 100 206 51 300 B 206 100 72 48 C 351 22 100 198 D 13 989 150 100 Output format A,A:200 A,C:51 B,B:100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on condition

I have a file some thing like this: GN Name=YWHAB; RC TISSUE=Keratinocyte; RC TISSUE=Thymus; CC -!- FUNCTION: Adapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large CC spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways GN Name=YWHAE; RC TISSUE=Liver; RC ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on key and count

Team, I am having requirement to convert rows to columns Input is: key ,count, id1, pulse1, id2, pulse2 ,id3, pulse3 12, 2 , 14 , 56 , 15, 65 13, 3, 12, 32, 14, 23, 18, 54 22, 1 , 32, 42 Expected Out put: key, id,pulse 12, 14, 56 12, 15, 65 13 ,12, 32 13, 14 ,23 13, 18 ,54 22 ,32,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syam1406
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match in awk skipping header rows

I am trying to match $1-$7 between the two files and if a match is found then the contents of $8 in file2 and copied over. The awk I tried is below. There is also a header row in file2 that has the Chr Start End Ref Alt that does not need to be searched. Thank you :). awk awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion of rows to columns using awk based om column value

HI, My Input file data is dn:adcfgeneral id:13343 Name:xxxxxx Password:iutyerwuitywue wpuwt tuiytruityrutyrwtyrwp dn:cdferwjyyyy id:3875 Name:yyyy Password :hgfdsjkfhdsfkdlshf dshfkldshfdklsfh interset:uiuiufj My output should be ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only columns in first two rows based on partial header pattern.

I have this code below that only prints out certain columns from the first two rows (doesn't affect rows 3 and beyond). How can I do the same on a partial header pattern “G_TP” instead of having to know specific column numbers (e.g. 374-479)? I've tried many other commands within this pipe with no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)