Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: all files-search and delete
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting all files-search and delete Post 302633709 by katakamvivek on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 10:50:48 AM
Old 05-02-2012
its working thanks..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and delete a line

Folks, I have a set of list that contains file names. I want to search through each of the list and delete any file that is found in the list. eg. LIST_A contains: aaa bbb ccc ddd eeee LIST_B contains: aab aac adb aed assuming I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and delete

After searching for a specified string, I would like to delete couple of rows from the file and continue searching. Basically, I would like to search through a text file that holds logs with date-time stamp in them and then clean up the file if the log entry is more than 2 days old. Example log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2shell
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search files with specfic extention and later search content

Hi, I would appriciate if somebody can help me figure out how to search for all the *.xml file under a specific directory and subdirectroies (/home/username) and later search of content "<start>" inside the xml file returned by search. -Lovin.V (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovi_v
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search directories for files with zero sizes to delete

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will use ls on a directory and list the files one at a time and their size. If the size is 0 i want it to ask me if I want to delete it (yes or no). If I say yes, I want it to delete but it won't know what the file name is just from running from the script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akeenabawa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and delete

Gurus I have a CSV containing 60K records.Each row has 8 columns. On some rows ,for the 7th column ,i find word 'UnknownState(898914497)' repeated many times. e.g <N_HOST> <tcp> <*> <*> <*> <*> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ak835
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Search all files based on first and in all listed files search the second patterns

Hello Linux Masters, I am not a linux expert therefore i need help from linux gurus. Well i have a requirement where i need to search all files based on first patterns and after seraching all files then serach second pattern in all files which i have extracted based on first pattern.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Black-Linux
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and delete

A file(example viv.txt) contains a n number of rows like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 11,22,33,44,55,66,77,88 1,3,9,7,8,5,2,6,4 Requirement: If number "5" exist in the sixth position then it should delete the whole line.like this it should check for all rows in a file(viv.txt) . please help on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search and delete files older than 1 days at a desired location

Hello All, Can someone please help me out in creating the find command to search and delete files older than 1 days at a desired location. Thanks in advance for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
3 Replies

9. Linux

How can I search and delete mail?

Hi, I'd like to delete emails on one of my Linux boxes using a criteria and I don't really know where to start. Any suggestions? The emails I'd like to delete have all the following sub-string: checkdefunct.sh.sh I have more than 187.000 emails and 90% of them I'd like to get rid of. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabiogilr
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies
h5jam(1)						      General Commands Manual							  h5jam(1)

NAME
h5jam - Add a user block to a HDF5 file SYNOPSIS
h5jam -u user_block -i in_file.h5 [-o out_file.h5] [--clobber] DESCRIPTION
h5jam concatenates a user_block file and an HDF5 file to create an HDF5 file with a user block. The user block can be either binary or text. The output file is padded so that the HDF5 header begins on byte 512, 1024, etc.. (See the HDF5 File Format.) If out_file.h5 is given, a new file is created with the user_block followed by the contents of in_file.h5. In this case, infile.h5 is unchanged. If out_file.h5 is not specified, the user_block is added to in_file.h5. If in_file.h5 already has a user block, the contents of user_block will be added to the end of the existing user block, and the file shifted to the next boundary. If --clobber is set, any existing user block will be overwritten. EXAMPLE USAGE
Create new file, newfile.h5, with the text in file mytext.txt as the user block for the HDF5 file file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 -o newfile.h5 Add text in file mytext.txt to front of HDF5 dataset, file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 Overwrite the user block (if any) in file.h5 with the contents of mytext.txt. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 --clobber RETURN VALUE
h5jam returns the size of the output file, or -1 if an error occurs. CAVEATS
This tool copies all the data (sequentially) in the file(s) to new offsets. For a large file, this copy will take a long time. The most efficient way to create a user block is to create the file with a user block (see H5Pset_user_block), and write the user block data into that space from a program. The user block is completely opaque to the HDF5 library and to the h5jam and h5unjam tools. The user block is simply read or written as a string of bytes, which could be text or any kind of binary data. It is up to the user to know what the contents of the user block means and how to process it. When the user block is extracted, all the data is written to the output, including any padding or unwritten data. This tool moves the HDF5 file through byte copies, i.e., it does not read or interpret the HDF5 objects. SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5diff(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1), h5unjam(1). h5jam(1)