Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed, join lines that do not match pattern Post 302633587 by krsnadasa on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 08:17:12 AM
Old 05-02-2012
sed, join lines that do not match pattern

Hi jlliagre,

great can you please explain this awk completly how it works here in joining lines.
Code:
awk '/stable_pattern$/ {print;next;} {printf("%s",$0);}' text

I am confuse for
Code:
next

stmt and other
Code:
printf

how it is joinging if search fails for a line.

Thanks
Krsnadasa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: match pattern & delete matched lines

Hi all, I have the following data in a file x.csv: > ,this is some text here > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/11/16,0.23 > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/12/16,0.88 < ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this shouldnt be deleted I need to use SED to match anything with a > in the line and delete that line, can someone help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print all lines after pattern match

HiCan someone show me how to print all lines from a file after a line matching a pattern using sed?Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed delete blank lines upto first pattern match

Hi Im trying to do the following in sed. I want to delete any blank line at the start of a file until it matches a pattern and then stops. for example: Input output: I have got it to work within a range of two patterns with the following: sed '/1/,/pattern/{/^]*$/d}' The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join the lines until next pattern match

Hi, I have a data file where data is splitted into multiple lines. And, each valid record starts with a patten date | <?xml and ends with pattern </dmm> e.g. 20120924|<?xml record 1 line1....record 1 line1....record 1 line1.... record 1 line2....record 1 line2....record 1 line2.... record 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dipalik
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join lines on finding a pattern

I have a file with the following contents. DTP START START START DTP START DTP START DTP START I like to join the lines like this DTP START START START DTP START DTP START (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join all the lines matching similar pattern

I am trying to Join all the lines matching similar pattern. Example ; I wanted to join all the lines which has sam to a single line. In next line, i wanted to have all the lines with jones to a single line....etc > cat sample.txt sam 2012/11/23 sam 2012/12/5 sam 2012/12/5 jones... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join lines from two files based on match

I have two files. File1 >gi|11320906|gb|AF197889.1|_Buchnera_aphidicola ATGAAATTTAAGATAAAAAATAGTATTTT >gi|11320898|gb|AF197885.1|_Buchnera_aphidicola ATGAAATTTAATATAAACAATAAAA >gi|11320894|gb|AF197883.1|_Buchnera_aphidicola ATGAAATTTAATATAAACAATAAAATTTTT File2 AF197885 Uroleucon aeneum... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed/awk join lines once pattern found

Hi all OS - RHEL6.4 I have input file -f1.txt I need to search line which starts with \Start and read next line till it gets blank line and join them all. I need to trim any trailing spaces for each line.So output.txt should be.. \Start\now\fine stepwatch this space for toolsends... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
7 Replies
MAXDB_STMT_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)						 1					       MAXDB_STMT_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)

maxdb_stmt_affected_rows - Returns the total number of rows changed, deleted, or inserted by the last executed statement

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
int maxdb_stmt_affected_rows (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style int$maxdb_stmt->affected_rows () maxdb_stmt_affected_rows(3) returns the number of rows affected by INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE query. If the last query was invalid or the number of rows can not determined, this function will return -1. RETURN VALUES
An integer greater than zero indicates the number of rows affected or retrieved. Zero indicates that no records where updated for an UPDATE/DELETE statement, no rows matched the WHERE clause in the query or that no query has yet been executed. -1 indicates that the query has returned an error or the number of rows can not determined. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } /* create temp table */ $maxdb->query("CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); $query = "INSERT INTO temp.mycity SELECT * FROM hotel.city WHERE state LIKE ?"; /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = $maxdb->prepare($query)) { /* Bind variable for placeholder */ $code = 'N%'; $stmt->bind_param("s", $code); /* execute statement */ $stmt->execute(); printf("rows inserted: %d ", $stmt->affected_rows); /* close statement */ $stmt->close(); } /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } /* create temp table */ maxdb_query($link, "CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); $query = "INSERT INTO temp.mycity SELECT * FROM hotel.city WHERE state LIKE ?"; /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = maxdb_prepare($link, $query)) { /* Bind variable for placeholder */ $code = 'N%'; maxdb_stmt_bind_param($stmt, "s", $code); /* execute statement */ maxdb_stmt_execute($stmt); printf("rows inserted: %d ", maxdb_stmt_affected_rows($stmt)); /* close statement */ maxdb_stmt_close($stmt); } /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: rows inserted: 4 SEE ALSO
maxdb_stmt_num_rows(3), maxdb_prepare(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_STMT_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)