Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LUN Presentation
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat LUN Presentation Post 302633491 by Duffs22 on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 05:27:23 AM
Old 05-02-2012
Thanks Mark54g,

Now once I have scanned in the new LUN on the OS how do I create a new FS from this space?

Can I use "fdisk" against the dm-<no> to present all paths to the OS?

.....or can I just pvcreate the /dev/dm-<no> and take it from there?

R,
D.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format date/time presentation

1) i am trying to print the timeframe of a log file using the start/end date/time being extracted from the file itself. my problem is how to convert the following numeric date format to the one that i prefer: Start time: 0204161129 End time : 0204171431 into: Start time: Apr 16 2002... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
6 Replies

2. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Wireless presentation system for mac

I am a system developer for a major university and currently trying to find out WPS software for mac that can connect a mac to a wireless projector server. The software functions with Win OS XP and 7. The server is a EDIMAX WP-S1100 WIRELESS PROJECTOR SERVER. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobilemaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs Presentation

Hello All, I am trying to capture system logs for specific tools run by users. So my script create logs from 10 different server.So is there any script & tool from that i can read or present them easily ?. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies
VGEXTEND(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGEXTEND(8)

NAME
       vgextend - add physical volumes to a volume group

SYNOPSIS
       vgextend  [-A|--autobackup  y|n]  [-d|--debug]  [-h|-?|--help] [--restoremissing] [-f|--force] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [ PHYSICAL DEVICE
       OPTIONS ] VolumeGroupName PhysicalDevicePath [PhysicalDevicePath...]

DESCRIPTION
       vgextend allows you to add one or more initialized physical volumes ( see pvcreate(8) ) to an existing volume group to extend it  in  size.
       Moreover,  it  allows  you to re-add a physical volume that has gone missing previously, due to a transient device failure, without re-ini-
       tialising it. Use vgextend --restoremissing to that effect.

If PhysicalDevicePath was not previously configured for LVM with pvcreate (8), the device will be initialized with the same default  values
       used  with  pvcreate.  If non-default pvcreate values are are desired, they may be given on the commandline with the same options as pvcre-
       ate.  See PHYSICAL DEVICE OPTIONS for available options.  Note that the restore-related options such as --restorefile, --uuid, and --physi-
       calvolumesize are not available.  If a restore operation is needed, use pvcreate (8) and vgcfgrestore (8).

OPTIONS
       See lvm for common options.

PHYSICAL DEVICE OPTIONS
       The  following  options	are  available	for initializing physical devices in the volume group.	These options are further described in the
       pvcreate man page.

-f, --force

-y, --yes

-Z, --zero y|n

--labelsector sector

--metadatasize size

[--metadataignorey|n]

--pvmetadatacopies copies

--dataalignment alignment

--dataalignmentoffset alignment_offset

Examples
       "vgextend vg00 /dev/sda4 /dev/sdn1" tries to extend the existing volume group "vg00"  by  the  new  physical  volumes  (see  pvcreate(8)  )
       "/dev/sdn1" and /dev/sda4".

SEE ALSO
       lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgreduce(8), pvcreate(8)

Sistina Software UK					 LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06)					       VGEXTEND(8)