Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bind named query
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Bind named query Post 302633425 by IKE0000 on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 01:46:25 AM
Old 05-02-2012
In the named.conf options zone, set recursion no;
Code:
options {
        listen-on port 53 { 127.0.0.1; 10.0.1.102; };
        listen-on-v6 port 53 { ::1; };
        directory       "/var/named";
        dump-file       "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db";
        statistics-file "/var/named/data/named_stats.txt";
        memstatistics-file "/var/named/data/named_mem_stats.txt";
        allow-query     { localhost; any; };
        recursion no;
        dnssec-enable yes;
        dnssec-validation yes;
        dnssec-lookaside auto;
        /* Path to ISC DLV key */
        bindkeys-file "/etc/named.iscdlv.key";
};

and then restart named
Code:
service named restart

This User Gave Thanks to IKE0000 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

named pipes

Hi I am having trouble with a script to export individual schemas to tape from an oracle database. Basicaly I need to export each shema through a pipe with compression and store each shema name in a file with the relevant tape marker. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: truma1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

named

Dear All , Kindly i would like to start the named whenever the system reboot , currently i start it manually . for more info. i have both named , one from SUN , and other one i installed it from internet , now i want the one from SUN to start automatically when rebooting . its path is :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named PIPE

Gurus, I've a File Transaction Server, which communicates with other servers and performs some processing.It uses many Named PIPE's. By mistake i copied a named PIPE into a text file. I heard that PIPE files shouldn't be copied.Isn't it? Since it's a production box, i'm afraid on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tamil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named Pipes

hi, i am working on a script for oracle export, m using a parameter file... i want to compress the dump file that is generated.. in my script following is the code i have written. i am not able to generata .gz file mknod /tmp/exp_tesd1_pipe p gzip -cNf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 bind 9 named question

Hi, I can't rememeber what passwd is set for the "named" user in bind. Is there possibly a default one or anyway to find it ? I'm worried about changing it and causing other issues, if I did change it what other files would I need to edit ? :( Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sysop400
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

8. Solaris

BIND 9 ---> no /etc/named.conf file after installation

Hi I installed BIND 9 from dvd image of my Solaris 10 (SUNWbind, SUNWbindr) and when I try to start it(svcadm enable network/dns/server), it says there is no /etc/named.conf file. Why is it so ? Should not this file be created during installation phase ? Do I have to create it manually ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
named-xfer(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     named-xfer(8)

Name
       named-xfer - pull BIND/Hesiod zones from another server

Syntax
       /usr/etc/named-xfer -z zone_to_transfer -f db_file -s serial_no [ -d debug_level ] [ -l debug_log_file ] [ -t trace_file ] [ -p port ] [ -n
       ] [ -a auth_type.auth_ver ] servers...

Description
       The transfer daemon, is a server that is usually run by the daemon, but it can also be run manually with the given arguments.  The transfer
       daemon  runs  on  a BIND/Hesiod secondary server and pulls BIND/Hesiod zones from a primary server.  This daemon is not run by default, nor
       can it be started up from

Options
       -z zone_to_transfer
			  This option is required to pull a zone.  The zone_to_transfer argument specifies the name of the BIND/Hesiod	zone  that
			  the daemon will transfer, for example, dec.com.

-f db_file	  This option is  required to pull a zone.  The db_file argument specifies the name of the file into which the pulled zone
			  information is placed.

-s serial_no	  This option is required to pull a zone.  The serial_no argument should be set to the current serial number  of  the  SOA
			  record for the zone zone_to_transfer.  If serial_no is set to 0, the zone is always pulled.

-d debug_level	  The debug_level argument sets the debug level and determines the amount of debug information to be displayed.

-l debug_log_file  The debug_log_file argument specifies the file that will contain any debug messages from the zone pull.

-t trace_file	  The trace_file argument specifies the file that will contain a trace from the zone pull.

-p port		  The port argument specifies the port that will be used instead of the default nameserver port listed in

-n		  This	option	must be used when the daemon is running in the network safe mode.  It indicates that the zone pull must be
			  authenticated.

-a  auth_type.auth_ver
			  This option must be used if the daemon is running in the network safe mode.  The auth_type argument indicates what  type
			  of authentication to use and the auth_ver argument indicates what version of the authentication type to use.	Currently,
			  the auth_type must be "kerberos" and the auth_ver must be "one".

servers...	  The servers argument is a list of Internet addresses from which to pull a zone.  If the first host cannot be	ddreached,
			  the transfer daemon will try to pull the zone from the next host listed.

See Also
       services(5), named(8), kerberos(8krb)
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service
       Guide to Kerberos

named-xfer(8)