Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting zsh, prompt, variable expansion, ANSI color sequences Post 302633407 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 12:16:20 AM
Old 05-02-2012
Do the print -P when assigning the variables then:

Code:
# RED=$(print -P '\e[38;5;196m')
# NORM=$(print -P '\e[0m')        
# PS1="%{$RED%}Testing$ %{$NORM%}"
Testing $ 

or
Code:
# RED='%{'$(print -P '\e[38;5;196m')'%}'
# NORM='%{'$(print -P '\e[0m')'%}'
# PS1="${RED}Testing$ ${NORM}"
Testing $ 

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 05-02-2012 at 01:23 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change prompt color when changing path

Hi all, Can you tell me how to change the prompt color (only the path part) when I chnange directory with "cd"? I use the sequence below in ".bashrc" (Solaris 8) to change my prompt colors and I'd like to modify it to change the path color when I cange directory. PSC() { echo -ne "\"; }... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormark
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh/csh: set prompt in production to color red

Hi folks This is our prompt at the moment oracle@pinkipinki:/opt/oracle> grep 'set prompt' .cshrc set prompt = "$user@`uname -n`:$cwd> " We wish to have in production the same prompt, but red. Howto do that? I tried a lot a internet manuals, but it doesn't work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

3. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the value of a variable in zsh?

I have a zsh script written by someone else, I am trying to modify it to work on slightly different data -problem is I know nothing about shell scripting. I am trying to muddle through this myself since I need to learn but can someone tell me how to debug a script? ie. I want to display the value... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmp260
6 Replies

5. Programming

Does ansi c support variable-length array?

I successfully compiled code like below. #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int co = 9; char a; strcpy(a, "hahahah"); printf("co=%d\n", co); printf("a=%s\n", a); return 0; } (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
7 Replies

6. Programming

Using ANSI color codes in gcc compiled program

I have put some yellow color codes and works well. I call the funstion using print_usage(stderr, 0); I would like to know if there is any way, to store the ansi color codes in variables and then call them inside fprintf. Or have a format followed by the strings I want to output. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color prompt with file numbers does not work anymore

I have used this color prompt on my servers for long time, in file ~\.bashrc Black="\" Dark="\" Blue="\" LBlue="\" Green="\" LGreen="\" Cyan="\" LCyan="\" Red="\" LRed="\" Purple="\" LPurple="\" Brown="\" Yellow="\" LGray="\" White="\" Reset="\" PS1="$Yellow\u@\h $LBlue\w... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies
slanst.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slanst.f(3)

NAME
slanst.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines REAL function slanst (NORM, N, D, E) SLANST Function/Subroutine Documentation REAL function slanst (characterNORM, integerN, real, dimension( * )D, real, dimension( * )E) SLANST Purpose: SLANST returns the value of the one norm, or the Frobenius norm, or the infinity norm, or the element of largest absolute value of a real symmetric tridiagonal matrix A. Returns: SLANST SLANST = ( max(abs(A(i,j))), NORM = 'M' or 'm' ( ( norm1(A), NORM = '1', 'O' or 'o' ( ( normI(A), NORM = 'I' or 'i' ( ( normF(A), NORM = 'F', 'f', 'E' or 'e' where norm1 denotes the one norm of a matrix (maximum column sum), normI denotes the infinity norm of a matrix (maximum row sum) and normF denotes the Frobenius norm of a matrix (square root of sum of squares). Note that max(abs(A(i,j))) is not a consistent matrix norm. Parameters: NORM NORM is CHARACTER*1 Specifies the value to be returned in SLANST as described above. N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. When N = 0, SLANST is set to zero. D D is REAL array, dimension (N) The diagonal elements of A. E E is REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) sub-diagonal or super-diagonal elements of A. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 101 of file slanst.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 slanst.f(3)