Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed to parse log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed to parse log file Post 302633151 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 1st of May 2012 11:55:19 AM
Old 05-01-2012
Code:
$ awk -F": " '/Custodian/{c=$2}/Export Path/{p=$2}/Matched File/{m=$2}/File Size/{s=$2}/Original Path/{o=$2} {if(c && p && m && o && s){printf("\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\"\n",c,p,m,s,o);m=s=o=0;}}' test.txt
"Jim_Foo-HDD1-FOO-1234","N:\FOO-1234\Foo_Foo","foo_file1.pdf","640","foopath\foopath\foopath\foobar\foo_file.pdf"
"Jim_Foo-HDD1-FOO-1234","N:\FOO-1234\Foo_Foo","foo_file2.pdf","123","foopath\foopath\foopath\foobar\foo_file.pdf"

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse out known messages from a log file

I am looking for a script to do the following. I have a large log file that contains hundreds of warnings, a lot of which can be ignored. The tool doesn't allow me to suppress it, so I like to parse it out from the log file and isolate just the new messages/warnings, based on an exception file. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn2008
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to parse Apache config file

Hi there, am trying to parse an Apache 'server' config file. A snippet of the config file is shown below: ..... ProxyPassReverse /foo http://foo.example.com/bar ..... ..... RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.example.com/$1 RewriteRule /redirect https://www.example1.com/$1 ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jy2k7ca
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed parse small xml file

I have a tmp.xml file like: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Response> <Ip>193.143.121.198</Ip> <Status>OK</Status> <CountryCode>PL</CountryCode> <CountryName>Poland</CountryName> <RegionCode>82</RegionCode> <RegionName>Pomorskie</RegionName> <City>Gdansk</City> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a log file and remember last line

Hi all: I'm working on a HPUX 11.23 system and I am needing to parse a tomcat-jakarta log file for memory use. Getting the desired data is easy, assuming the log file does not grow. This file grows constantly and I want to check it q 5 min. The next check will pick up from where it left off 5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the log file

./abc.sh started at Sun Oct 24 06:42:04 PDT 2010 Message: ======= Summary Report of NAME count ----------------------------------------------------------------- Below is the output of the SQL query :- NAME COUNT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse log with sed

I've been searching for an hour on how to parse a file like this: 10.200.5.83 - - "GET /portal/edits.js HTTP/1.1" 200 24324 10.200.5.83 - - "GET /portal/objects/PortalConfig.js HTTP/1.1" 200 12187 10.200.5.84 - - "GET /portal/objects/CommonDialog.js HTTP/1.1" 200 8283 10.200.5.84 - - "GET... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed parse a lign into a new sql file

Hi everyone, another question while using sed. my sed statement should parse every line in a file and store all "i" variable item a a new file. any wrong arguments here? Thanks a million. task_name => name, object_type => 'TABLE', attr1 => 'TestR3', attr2 => '$i', for i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaygeek
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse A Log File

Hello All, Below is the excerpt from my Informatica log file which has 4 blocks of lines (starting with WRITER_1_*_1). Like these my log file will have multiple blocks of same pattern. WRITER_1_*_1> WRT_8161 TARGET BASED COMMIT POINT Thu May 08 09:33:21 2014... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log file to insert into database

I have a log file that's created daily by this command: sar -u 300 288 >> /var/log/usage/$(date "+%Y-%m-%d")_$(hostname)_cpu.log It that contains data like this: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (myhostname) 08/15/2015 _x86_64_ (1 CPU) 11:34:17 PM CPU %user %nice ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unplugme71
12 Replies
nsd-checkconf(8)						    nsd 3.2.12							  nsd-checkconf(8)

NAME
nsd-checkconf - NSD configuration file checker. SYNOPSIS
nsd-checkconf [-v] [-h] [-o option] [-z zonename] [-s keyname] configfile DESCRIPTION
nsd-checkconf reads a configuration file. It prints parse errors to standard error, and performs additional checks on the contents. The configfile format is described in nsd.conf(5). The utility of this program is to check a config file for errors before using it in nsd(8) or zonec(8). This program can also be used for shell scripts to access the nsd config file, using the -o and -z options. OPTIONS
-v After reading print the options to standard output in configfile format. Without this option, only success or parse errors are reported. -h Print usage help information and exit. -o option Return only this option from the config file. This option can to be used in conjunction with the -z option. The special value zones prints out a list of configured zones. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the config file from the shell. If the -z option is given, but the -o option is not given, nothing is printed. -s keyname Prints the key secret (base64 blob) configured for this key in the config file. Used to help shell scripts parse the config file. -z zonename Return the option specified with -o for zone 'zonename'. If this option is not given, the server section of the config file is used. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the con- fig file from the shell. The -o, -s and -z option print configfile options to standard output. FILES
/etc/nsd3/nsd.conf default NSD configuration file SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), nsd-xfer(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-checkconf(8)