Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Recover/Reset Sun Java System Server Console password Post 302633131 by jameson on Tuesday 1st of May 2012 11:25:59 AM
Old 05-01-2012
Smilie
Right, no, I did not know about that but it is good information. I don't believe they are planning on upgrading it. They are creating a new platform and migrating over. I was just advised that breaking into this "older" server is no longer necessary.....
Thanks for your help.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Java System Directory Server

Hi, Does anyone know if the Sun Java System Directory Server (now Oracle Directory Server) is freely available for download? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Need Help, I want to reset password for Sun Fire T2000 Server

============================== ALOM BOOTMON v1.3.1 ALOM Build Release: 001 Reset register: f0000000 EHRS ESRS LLRS SWRS ALOM POST 1.0 Dual Port Memory Test, PASSED. TTY External - Internal Loopback Test TTY External - Internal Loopback Test, PASSED. TTYC - Internal Loopback Test TTYC -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sameer Naik
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Sparc console password reset

Hi, How to reset the sun fire v245 console password ?. Please tell me step by step. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen16
5 Replies
SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8) 	       systemd-ask-password-console.service		   SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-ask-password-console.service, systemd-ask-password-console.path, systemd-ask-password-wall.service, systemd-ask-password-wall.path - Query the user for system passwords on the console and via wall SYNOPSIS
systemd-ask-password-console.service systemd-ask-password-console.path systemd-ask-password-wall.service systemd-ask-password-wall.path DESCRIPTION
systemd-ask-password-console.service is a system service that queries the user for system passwords (such as hard disk encryption keys and SSL certificate passphrases) on the console. It is intended to be used during boot to ensure proper handling of passwords necessary for boot. systemd-ask-password-wall.service is a system service that informs all logged in users for system passwords via wall(1). It is intended to be used after boot to ensure that users are properly notified. See the developer documentation[1] for more information about the system password logic. Note that these services invoke systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1) with either the --watch --console or --watch --wall command line parameters. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1), wall(1) NOTES
1. developer documentation http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 208 SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)