Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern count on rotating logs for the past 1 Hr Post 302632743 by ThomasMcA on Monday 30th of April 2012 04:51:58 PM
Old 04-30-2012
This command which find tells you if the find command is installed.

If it is installed, man find tells you how to use it.

Last edited by ThomasMcA; 04-30-2012 at 10:28 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk-how count the number of occurances of a pattern, when don't know the pattern

I've written a script to count the total size of SAN storage LUNs, and also display the LUN sizes. From server to server, the LUNs sizes differ. What I want to do is count the occurances as they occur and change. These are the LUN sizes: 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95 49.95... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyber111
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find out the logs count

Hi, I am using the below command to find out the mail logs which will grep the repeated message ids: less /var/log/messages |awk '{print +$6}'| sort | uniq -c | sort -nr OUTPUT: 506 1246382279 404 1246373467 303 1246383457 303 1246382268 300 1246379705 202... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotating logs in Perl without message loss

(I'm aware log rotation is a common subject, but I tried searching and couldn't find an answer) For some time now, I've been using the Logfile::Rotate module to rotate logs in a log-monitoring script. So far, I haven't experienced any problems, and it works great because I can use it in Linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w1r3d
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of occurrences of a pattern between each occurrence of a different pattern

I need to count the number of occurrences of a pattern, say 'key', between each occurrence of a different pattern, say 'lu'. Here's a portion of the text I'm trying to parse: lu S1234L_149_m1_vg.6, part-att 1, vdp-att 1 p-reserver IID 0xdb registrations: key 4156 4353 0000 0000 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slipstream
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string from logs of last 1 hour on files of 2 different servers and calculate count

Hi, I am trying to grep a particular string from the files of 2 different servers without copying and calculate the total count of its occurence on both files. File structure is same on both servers and for reference as follows: 27-Aug-2010... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of errors within logs for last 6 months

I have directory /test/logs which has multiple logs: audit.log audit.log.1 audit.log.2 audit.log.3 audit.log.4 audit.log.5 audit.log is current log file and audit.log.X are archive log files. I need to search within these log files and count word "error-5" logged within last 6 months... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a pattern in current date logs

Hello, I need to write one script which should search particular pattern like ABCD in log file name hello.txt only in current date logs. in current directory i have so many past date logs but grep should be applied on current date logs. on daily basis current date logs are in number 30 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify file pattern, take count of pattern, then act

Guys - Need your ideas on a section of code to finish something up. To make a long story short, I'm parsing a print output file that goes to pre-printed forms. I'm intercepting it, parsing it, formatting it, cutting it up into individual pages, grabbing the text I want in zones, building an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampsys
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to count respon time max min avg for nginx logs?

Hi All, need your help, i want count respon time max and average my nginx logs, based on hourly or minutes per api... my nginx.log sample : 10.1.1.1 - - "POST /v2/api/find/outlet/ HTTP/1.1" 200 2667 "-" "okhttp/3.12.0" "118.215.153.47" 0.178 0.178 . 10.1.1.1 - - "POST... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fajar_3t3
4 Replies
SCANLOGS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SCANLOGS(8)

NAME
scanlogs - summarize INN log files. SYNOPSIS
scanlogs [ norotate ] [ nonn ] DESCRIPTION
Scanlogs summarizes the information recorded in the INN log files (see newslog(5)). By default, it also rotates and cleans out the logs. It is normally invoked by the news.daily(8) script. KEYWORDS
The following keywords are accepted: norotate Using this keyword disables the rotating and cleaning aspect of the log processing: the logs files are only scanned for information and no contents are altered. nonn Normally the nn log file is scanned and rotated. Using this keyword disables this function. If scanlogs is invoked more than once a day, the ``norotate'' keyword should be used to prevent premature log cleaning. HISTORY
Written by Landon Curt Noll <chongo@toad.com> and Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.1, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
innd(8) newslog(5), news.daily(8), nnrpd(8). SCANLOGS(8)