Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find command exclude nfs mounts Post 302632613 by methyl on Monday 30th of April 2012 11:46:57 AM
Old 04-30-2012
@Peasant
Quote:
In your find statment your are trying the find everything but a directory named freetds on nfs filesystem
Not true. The ! (not) operator only applies to the next argument.

@jaysunn
Rather than guess whether the fstype is seen as "nfs", what is the fstype for the filesystem(s) which you do wish to search?
Personally I'd still use the -xdev switch and search one filesystem at time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command to exclude directories

Howdy I have this directory structure ... eep eepaptest eepfatest eepgltest eep.old eeppoptest ehf ehfaptest ehfgltest ehp ehpgltest I want to find files in these directories, but I want to exclude eep, ehf & ehp. Cany anyone help with the correct command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmurfGGM
1 Replies

2. AIX

NFS mounts and user permissions

We need to allow ordinary users to preform NFS mounts on a AIX server without giving them root access to the server. Is there a way to give an ordinary users root access on a tem basis or a script to allow them to preform NFS mounts? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Find command to exclude sub-directories

Hi Forum. I'm trying to write a script that finds and deletes files that are older than 300 days. The script will read a table that contains the following 3 columns: 1st col: “Y” means sub-directory scan; "N" means no subdirectory scan 2nd col: sub-directory location 3rd col: File prefix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Max. number of NFS mounts

Hi, I was wondering, whether there is a limit regarding the max number of nfs mounts in Oracle Solaris 10 (newest update). The data center plans to migrate from a fibre channel based storage environment (hitachi) to a nfs based storage environment (netapp). Regarding the Solaris 10 database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schms
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command with exclude

I had a Shell script that removes the files that are in a directory older than the specified days. find /test/files -mtime +10 I would like to add another condition to the find command above that is to exclude any file starting with ‘CGU' Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: db2dbac
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS mounts query

We have 2 servers in cluster. Node1 has an ext3 mount for backups and the other connects using NFS to this node1. I believe the reason it is configured in this manner is to not duplicate backups since this is a Database server. Not sure this was the reason though. Right now if node1 goes down all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
5 Replies

7. Solaris

NFS mounts not automounting on boot

I have several Solaris 11.2 zones. when I reboot them I have to go in and do mountall to mount the NFS mounts. any ideas where to troubleshoot why they are not automounting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Exclude Directory in find command

How can i tweak the below find command to exclude directory/s -> "/tmp/logs" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.jar*" \) -printNote: -path option/argument does not work with the version of find that i have. bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude directories in FIND command

Can you please help tweak the below command to exclude all directories with the name "logs" and "tmp" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.tar*" ! -name "*.bkp*" \) -exec /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -i "user_1" /dev/null {} + >result.out bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

10. AIX

Sysmirror 7.1.3 Resource Group NFS mounts

Hello all, I'm working to fix a two-node SysMirror cluster that uses NFS mounts from a NetApp appliance as the data repository. Currently all the NFS mounts/unmounts are called from the application controller scripts, and since file collection isn't currently working, (One fight at at time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
3 Replies
tapset::nfs_proc(3stap) 												   tapset::nfs_proc(3stap)

NAME
tapset::nfs_proc - systemtap nfs_proc tapset DESCRIPTION
nfs.proc.lookup NFS client opens/searches a file on server See probe::nfs.proc.lookup(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.read NFS client synchronously reads file from server See probe::nfs.proc.read(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.write NFS client synchronously writes file to server See probe::nfs.proc.write(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.commit NFS client committing data on server See probe::nfs.proc.commit(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.read_setup NFS client setting up a read RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.read_setup(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.read_done NFS client response to a read RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.read_done(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.write_setup NFS client setting up a write RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.write_setup(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.write_done NFS client response to a write RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.write_done(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.commit_setup NFS client setting up a commit RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.commit_setup(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.commit_done NFS client response to a commit RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.commit_done(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.open NFS client allocates file read/write context information See probe::nfs.proc.open(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.release NFS client releases file read/write context information See probe::nfs.proc.release(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.handle_exception NFS client handling an NFSv4 exception See probe::nfs.proc.handle_exception(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.create NFS client creating file on server See probe::nfs.proc.create(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.remove NFS client removes a file on server See probe::nfs.proc.remove(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.rename NFS client renames a file on server See probe::nfs.proc.rename(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::nfs.proc.lookup(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.read(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.write(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.commit(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.read_setup(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.read_done(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.write_setup(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.write_done(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.commit_setup(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.commit_done(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.open(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.release(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.handle_exception(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.create(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.remove(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.rename(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::nfs_proc(3stap)