Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to test for the ssh exit status in script? Post 302632551 by delphys on Monday 30th of April 2012 10:31:45 AM
Old 04-30-2012
Fantastic !! Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need urgent help on exit status of the script

Guys, I am writing a script that executes a series of commands with a function like: _Command "ps -ef | grep java" _Command "vmstat" _Command "llll" Even if one of these commands fail, my script should exit with non-zero code i.e 16. If all commands are successful, my script should exit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriramperumalla
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

[Solved] ssh debug1: Exit status 254 problem

Hello; Am experiencing odd problem with ssh: ========= ssh -vvv remote_host : : debug2: channel 0: rcvd adjust 65536 debug2: channel_input_status_confirm: type 99 id 0 debug2: shell request accepted on channel 0 debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Process monitoring and Exit Status evaluation

Hi All, I have a peculiar requirement as follows, I have a some hosts on which i have to run a script, so i am using the following code piece for i in $HOSTLIST do ssh ${i} "~/task.sh" done Now i want to run this same thing in parallel on all the hosts and then monitor the ssh process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit status from the script is always 0

Hi , I have a bash script , which does the network configuration. Messages from this script are dumped on console as well as stored in a log file . This script is invoked from a C code using system call . The script returns different exit code , to indicate different error cases. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhirai
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit status of the ksh Script

Hi Im trying to write a script that will archive some file using java program.Below is the part of the script that I use and my problem is that the script always return with status 0.Below is part of my script(end part) purge.ksh echo "No of files before tar :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saachinsiva
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test exit status of last cmd via ssh

see below for a housekeeping script which constructs an ssh cmd using some server/path/sudo info found in $HRINST. the script should hop to each server and if it finds a file to cleanup, moves it to the archive dir if there is nothing to move, it should report so and email the output ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack.bauer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit status in the script

Hi all, I am trying to use a script (a.sh) which is calling another script(b.sh). And I want to use the exit code(set by me) of b.sh in a.sh. I am using this in b.sh #!/bin/sh <-- code --> if ; then exit 0 else exit 1 fiBut... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test with non-zero status does not exit shell

Hi there, I'm very used to use set -e to break my scripts if any command exits with a non-zero status. As a policy, I'm willingly expecting echo hello | grep a to break the script. The commands test 1 -eq $1 && echo hello exits with a non-zero status if $1 is not 1. BUT... It doesn't break... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inner script run and its exit status

Main Script #!/bin/ksh echo "Maimn script" ./clocal/www/web-data/WAS/WebSphere7/scripts/DealerLocator/Scripts/secondscript.ksh echo "$? = status" Sdecond Script #!/bin/ksh echo "In second SCript" exit 1 Output: Maimn script ./testmain.ksh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
avc_context_to_sid(3)					     SELinux API documentation					     avc_context_to_sid(3)

NAME
avc_context_to_sid, avc_sid_to_context, avc_get_initial_sid - obtain and manipulate SELinux security ID's SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> int avc_context_to_sid(security_context_t ctx, security_id_t *sid); int avc_sid_to_context(security_id_t sid, security_context_t *ctx); int avc_get_initial_sid(const char *name, security_id_t *sid); DESCRIPTION
Security ID's (SID's) are opaque representations of security contexts, managed by the userspace AVC. avc_context_to_sid() returns a SID for the given context in the memory referenced by sid. avc_sid_to_context() returns a copy of the context represented by sid in the memory referenced by ctx. The user must free the copy with freecon(3). avc_get_initial_sid() returns a SID for the kernel initial security identifier specified by name. RETURN VALUE
avc_context_to_sid() and avc_sid_to_context() return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOMEM An attempt to allocate memory failed. NOTES
As of libselinux version 2.0.86, SID's are no longer reference counted. A SID will be valid from the time it is first obtained until the next call to avc_destroy(3). The sidget(3) and sidput(3) functions, formerly used to adjust the reference count, are no-ops and are depre- cated. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
avc_init(3), avc_has_perm(3), avc_cache_stats(3), avc_add_callback(3), getcon(3), freecon(3), selinux(8) 27 May 2004 avc_context_to_sid(3)